Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need a second opinion on a Lull 644TT-34

Freak Nasty ยท 2010-06-25 00:10

I am looking at purchasing an 83 or 84 model Lull 644TT-34 Highlander II. One of the machines had some worn out axle parts and after doing some research I am not completely sure what axle is under the machine. I have been told that they are a Spicer PS1350 but some of the machines that were supposed to have the Spicer PS1350 did not look like this axle. I guess what I am asking is if I provide pics of the axles, could someone help me figure out what axles are under these machines? [img=http://s1.postimage.org/MQIJr.jpg] [img=http://s1.postimage.org/MQhhS.jpg] [img=http://s1.postimage.org/MP_PS.jpg] [img=http://s1.postimage.org/MPGSJ.jpg] [img=http://s1.postimage.org/MPwU9.jpg]

Replies7
  1. #1stock2010-06-25 04:55

    They look like DANA axles to me but the steering cylinder is rusted as are the swivel chalices, that is probably what caused the swivel housing seal to fail.

  2. #2Freak Nasty2010-06-25 13:34

    I have a pic of the tag on the rear axle....the part # is R30BP122-7 and the serial # is P13-001958 with a build date of 8-3-84. I personally do not have a clue but was hoping someone else might be able to tell me. And yes that is just a few things I was looking into fixing but I have to know what I'm working with before I can go ordering parts for them.

  3. #3Speedpup2010-06-26 07:45

    axle tag should give you all the info you need. Webequipment should be able to tell you anything you need to know. What is wrong with the axle? You can dump a ton of money in an axle. Seals alone were just about 550 on my 844 for 4 wheels. These the pair of machines listed for sale elsewhere in the same picture? The axles pictured are spicers / dana same thing,

  4. #4Freak Nasty2010-06-26 11:14

    no the machines are not posted on here just got a friend thats a block mason wanting to get outta the business. as far as the axle, I dont know but I would expect the usual when buying used equipment (seals, bearings, etc.) But I appreciate the info

  5. #5Speedpup2010-06-26 18:11

    What is worn out on the axles? there were two 644's on ebay What other machines were supposed to have spicer? Different brand? Those are spicer / dana axles in the photos. seal is are 140 each. rust looks like surface rust so it should clean up easy. I just bought three on ebay for 55 each.

  6. #6Freak Nasty2010-06-27 19:16

    I dont know yet havent purchased them and went through them yet.....

  7. #7joestewart2010-06-27 20:29

    Freaknasty, that is a PS1300 axle. Get your manual(s) using the following link. They are about half way down on the Spicer web page. Warning: Manuals are pricey, given that they are only about forty (40) pages long! Find out from the seller exactly what is wrong with the axles (or at least the symptoms). Any additional detail beyond "worn out"? Does the machine have any other problems? What is he asking for it? Post some additional photos if you have them! http://www2.dana.com/Expert/wc.dll?hvtss~lit~AddToCart~OHA-0026~