Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lull 844 C axle problem?

Speedpup ยท 2011-10-31 18:56

844 C had the steering cylinder rip out where it mounts on the steering knuckle tab. Anyone else see that happen much. Second time on this machine :Banghead It looks like cheap cast crap and not even much meat around where it mounts. I think poor design and material. They should have stuck with Spicer axles!

Replies5
  1. #1Speedpup2011-11-03 18:55

    4500 to repair

  2. #2Aero Lift2011-11-04 09:02

    lull axle call al at web to get it used.

  3. #3barklee2011-11-04 20:24

    I had this same thing happen about 3 months ago. We just had it welded, so far so good. I think this happens from turning really sharp with a load on the machine, especially on the blacktop. The foam tires dont give so something has to. Guys get in too big of a hurry to make a three point turn or to just slow down. I always tell my guys to idle it through sharp turns, no throttle.

  4. #4Speedpup2011-11-07 17:18

    the casting seems very porous and not much meat around the hole. They picked up the machine and snapped the steering cylinder.

  5. #5Drewster2022-10-03 17:31

    I have a pair of 844 Spicer axles if you're still in need. Drew 586.495.3478