Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lull 844B gear pump seals?

somewhereinkansas · 2021-04-20 14:09

I have a 1989 Lull 844B telehandler with seals blown in the main gear pump. The serial number is G9J5E6-143. The gear pump part number is P21423. The only markings I could find on the pump casing were "NAF3" and "876469". JLG seems to service the older Lull telehandlers but they don't have any information about the pump manufacturer. Does anyone know who makes this pump or a place that might be able to get seals for it? I could attach more pictures if that's useful, this is just what I had handy. Thanks for any help.

Replies7
  1. #1grandpa2021-04-20 18:48

    In your first picture, the housing looks cracked.

  2. #2lantraxco2021-04-20 21:35

    I would try Minnpar?

  3. #3icestationzebra2021-04-25 10:17

    If you have a good hydraulics house nearby those will probably be able to identify the brand from those pictures alone. They used mostly parts from major hydraulics suppliers so it will likely be something like Parker or Eaton. ISZ

  4. #4Coaldust2021-04-25 15:02

    That does look cracked. Good eye, Grandpa

  5. #5lantraxco2021-04-26 00:37

    Naw, just a paint line. Wire wheel that off and check it with penetrant dye from the welding shop if you're worried about it.

  6. #6Coaldust2021-04-26 01:42

    Not sure what brand of pump that is. Maybe I can figure it out. Need your serial number. This might be the parts manual. It does not have a breakdown of the pump. It’s 44gpm The update pump # is 10721423. I’m guessing Eaton, but I can’t find anything that looks close. I give up. Icestationzebra has the best idea. Visit your local hyd shop. https://www.skytrak.com/Content/files/LULL-844B-MANUAL.pdf

  7. #7Roadoil2023-01-11 00:01

    I know it's a old thread but in case this shows up in a search it's a Vickers G2020W.