Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need Help With Clark C500 Wiring Harness Problems

Blueacre ยท 2021-04-24 13:29

I just bought an old Clark C500-Y50 5000 pound pneumatic tire forklift. Runs and drives OK but the electrical wiring is a mess and none of the gauges work. The insulation is melted off a few of the original wires in the wiring harness and there are numerous extra wires run between devices as well as jumpers spliced into the wiring harness. I want to refurbish the wiring harness and get everything working but I havent been able to find a wiring diagram yet for the Clark C500. I purchased a service manual on line but when I got it there are no wiring diagrams. It seems to have a lot of info on the mechanical repairs and sections for rebuilding the alternator and starter but nothing on the wiring. If anyone has a copy of the wiring diagrams for the C500 models and could send me a copy that would be great. If anyone needs a copy of the service manual that I have let me know and I can send it.

Replies3
  1. #1BillG2021-04-24 17:16

    Try this just basic but it beats doing the serial number dance. If it's not correct, include a complete model and serial

  2. #2Blueacre2021-04-24 19:39

    Thanks BillG for the diagram - I will check it out in more detail tomorrow but it does seem to match up with some of the wiring I was looking at today for the fuel level gauge and water temperature sender. I think it will help a lot. I got all the harness sheathing removed today so i can trace all the wires tomorrow. Fortunately the older machines like this have a lot less wires and none of the electronic components. I found a couple of references on line to a Clark IC (Internal Combustion) wiring diagram manual that is supposed to cover 100+ forklift models. It lists Wiring diagram IN-15519 as the correct one for the C500 series machines. thanks again Gary

  3. #3Blueacre2021-04-24 19:42

    FYI from nameplate is Model C500 Y50, Serial number Y355 51 3226 1 76