Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lull 844B low pressure

somewhereinkansas ยท 2021-09-29 11:08

I have a Lull 844B telehandler that doesn't have any boom, fork, frame, or carriage hydraulic functions. It does steer and brake. I show around 200 psi on the main pump test port. I had just replaced several blown seals in the pump but still no functions. I searched through the parts manual and found relief valves at the input of both valve blocks. I took them apart and replaced a bad o-ring in each. I have no oil returning to the tank from the rear 4-valve block and lots of oil returning to the tank from the front 2-valve block. Does this mean the relief valve on the front valve block has to be bad? It looks ok to me and I hate throwing parts at something and hoping it works. Could something else be causing my problems? Any input would be appreciated.

Replies1
  1. #1Txhayseed2021-10-14 21:18

    If your showing 200 psi direct on the pump test port. You got a pump issue right away. Relief valves stuck open or not, one maybe.. Two probably not since they are on separate circuits. Pull your pump and have it bench tested. I would say that is your problem.