My Lull 644D-34 has quick tach. I have been trying to remove the forks off it. I pull the handle, while it is tilted down, and the plate moves back but nothing else moves. What am I doing wrong? I had to pressure wash the plate area to get it to move, as years of crud and dirt was in there. hugs, Brandi
There's a lock pin in the middle of the plate that has to be removed so that the lock plate will pivot enough to clear so the detach will work. You may find it isn't moving far enough to detach. Those things get pretty crusty as they usually aren't ever taken off. I've had to heat them with a torch and fight with them to get them to move. As I remember the forks should be level when you pull the lever to detach.
Thanks Tractormech! I told my friend that lock pin's bolt might have to be removed to get the pin out. I wasn't sure if the plate pulled the pin up or what. I will make sure they are level and bolt the lock hole for the fork pivot, as I will be unconnecting the cylinder hoses also and removing the whole fork assy. Thanks a bunch. hugs, Brandi