Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

LX 885 New Holland please help!!

Jimmy L ยท 2010-01-08 17:47

I have teh lx885 new holland and I am having problems with the foot control for raising the bucket. If I am idled up it will raise without a struggle with no load, when I put a load to it it will not move up at all unless I roll the bucket down with the other foot control. I have checked the the hydralic fluid it is good, filter is good, all the other controls, drive everything works great but going up. The syliniod valve for that foot control is making noise and working same as the other one. If anyone has any clue please help me I need this machine to finish cleaning corrals before we start calving. Thank you!

Replies11
  1. #1td25c2010-01-09 16:13

    Hi Jimmy L,I'd first pull the sheetmetal cover off the center console so you can see the valve body and make sure the foot peddles & linkage are working the valve spools at full travel.I'v had stuff get under the peddle before,"dirt & debris" limiting the linkage travel.

  2. #2Jimmy L2010-01-11 09:13

    Thanks I have taken all the sheet metal off and checked all the linkage all seems to be fine. I was able to get my hands on a hydralic presser tester and it seems to be my pump is not putting out the pressure needed. It needs 2400lb's and at low idle I get around 700 and idling it up only 1000lb's so I am going to check and make sure my relief valve is not pluged at the pump and then go from there. If anyone has any other ideas that would be wonderful. Thanks again!

  3. #3td25c2010-01-11 19:13

    I was hoping you would reply telling us you found a problem in the linkage.Sounds like you have a good handle on how it works Jimmy L checking the pressure.I have a 1997 John Deere 8875 ,same as New Holland 885 loader at the time.Not sure what year yours is but mine also has relief valves in the valve body.My book shows two # 6 and # 19 on the diagram.# 19 looks like the main relief for the valve body and # 6 looks like it just handles the middle circut.Problem might be in the valve body.I havent had this kind of trouble yet but I have noticed as I am lifting the loader ,if I work the bucket at te same time it speeds up the loader cycle.So the circuts are connected to a point.Keep us posted what you find out and good luck with it.

  4. #4Jimmy L2010-01-12 01:39

    Thank you TD25C i am still in the process I have not went any farther due to that word called work, but as soon as my day job quits going into the night I will hopefully cure this problem thanks again and when i figure it out I will sure post it.

  5. #5Jimmy L2010-01-17 23:35

    Hey thanks again for replying I ended up doing alot of different things, but inevetabley it was the hi-flow pump itself. when I opened it up there had been alot of wear and tear with the whole casing. Anyways so much for a puzzilng fix I should have just went with my gut and fixed it to start with. I guess sometimes you just have to take the bull by the horns and not worry about the b s at the end. Thanks again

  6. #6td25c2010-01-18 20:39

    Glad to hear you found the problem Jimmy L.Our skidloader dosent have the "high flow" pump option.Did this happen all at once,Or was it somthing you noticed over time?We have sure had good luck with the 8875 over the years.

  7. #7Jimmy L2010-01-26 22:26

    td25c after getting to use it again it is a whole new machine I am flat amazed at the power it has in all aspects I am now wondering if this problem was not from the start and not knowing what the machine could do. It is night and day difference. We bought the machine from a friend who bragged it up all the time his crew and he also. No one we talked to ever had a problem with the machine, but I am not kidding it is a whole new piece of equipment. I am almost positive that it was a gradual problem and the pump was allowing a littel back flow that was not noticable and all the sudden it was to much. I guess that is what you incounter when you buy USED equipment I av eno problems with the machine and the previous owner was honest to his knowledge so over all I still am tickled with the machine mostly due to the fact that it has paid for it self over the last three months time I don't know how we did it with out it!! Thanks again for the help td25c

  8. #81st AD2010-02-10 09:09

    I have a LS180 that broke the crank in three places and cracked the block at a main journal, i am looking for a short block. any ideas?

  9. #9Jimmy L2010-02-10 12:32

    Sorry 1st AD I do not even have a place to start looking. Wish I could be of help if you do find one post it would you it might come in handy later. Sorry man and good luck!

  10. #10DiamondConcrete2010-03-03 00:56

    How many hours where on your machine when it broke down??? Just wondering as i have a LS18 my self

  11. #11stovein2010-03-03 09:09

    Down further on this page is a thread "246 cat engine", on the 2nd page is the phone number and name of a engine place in Mn. JT services. I have seen him listed as a supplier of New holland engines and parts also on other forums. give him a call.