Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lx885 blowby question

pp13bnos ยท 2013-02-20 23:02

Couple years ago, I picked up a Lx885 for dirt cheap for use around my farm. The old girl has some blowby, and will eventually start "marking its territory" wherever you park her. I was wondering if it would be bad to reroute the blow by tube from dumping onto the belly pan to maybe going into the intake? Thanks for any advice.

Replies2
  1. #102Dmax2013-02-20 23:39

    GM did that with their 6.5s from the factory. I don't see how it would really hurt anything other than making the intake an oily mess. Might make sure the steel wool or deflector shield inside the blow by connection box is clean and situated properly, could just be that.

  2. #2pp13bnos2013-02-21 09:52

    Thanks for the reply. It still has the deflector shield. That was the first thing I checked. I'll fab up something, and hopefully no other issues will come up!