Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Best place to find used skid steers?

Brandon327 ยท 2013-02-19 22:20

What is the best place to find used skid steers? I have been looking at machinerytrader. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Replies8
  1. #1HarryN2013-02-20 16:17

    Gee, the only this I can think of would be Craigs list. More variety there. Of course, dealers have them too. Depends how handy you are.

  2. #2Digdeep2013-02-20 16:55

    Machinery Trader has a substantial selection and is more focused on construction equipment compared to Craigslist.

  3. #3slowstep2013-02-20 16:59

    Best if buying a used unit is to look at someone you can actually use and demo the unit for a couple of days. so you can check unit thoroughly, see how it operates , and consider cost your facing in order to have unit perform to requirements as to what task you will ask of it. Just remember it ain't all paint , new tires or a good set of tracks , , or a new set of filters and a change of fluids ,that makes that unit work it helps but there is more expensive things on these machines to consider, than those mentioned. A Good dealer would be a good place to start, one close to the house preferably.

  4. #4Brandon3272013-02-20 17:32

    I started at the closest bobcat dealer. That is who I really want to buy from but they don't have what I am looking for. I found what I want at another dealer 500 miles away.

  5. #5HarryN2013-02-22 19:32

    So, did ya get it yet? What was it?

  6. #6Ropinghorns2013-02-22 21:16

    I have been looking at new ones that my local dealer had on hand in Tulsa, Okla. The things that are important to me are depedability. And like slowstep said, you need to try them out first cause they are all different. I put this in another thread...After running several new ctl's here lately, I have settled to a Bobcat T650. It has an airconditioner that will part your hair. With my kind of profile, that is important. Just joking, but I like the option of foot controls, radio, cup holders, easy to see out of, big cab, great dealer close by that has rentals for 40% off when yours is in their shop. Price is high and the door opens out. But that air will feel good coming from the roof. Did I mention I work in Oklahoma where it is hot and humid?

  7. #7rossaroni2013-02-22 21:42

    I bought used off of an Ebay ad. My searches always start with the "Distance:Nearest First" button. If I can't drive to see it, sit in it, and move some dirt, I don't want it, even if it's brand new. Good deals seldom are and free help always costs me.

  8. #8Brandon3272013-02-22 23:58

    No i haven't bought it yet. I am still looking. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD