Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

M&B Menzies Bay Operation – “Jimmy Two Loads”

BCSpecial ยท 2016-04-29 02:55

As a child my family used to camp all over Vancouver Island. I have memories of stopping to check out the logging equipment at different M&B operations during these holidays. During a trip to Morton Lake campground sometime around 1989-91, accessed from the Menzies bay mainline, we stopped to checkout the Mack off-highway trucks parked at the Menzies bay shop. I remember that one of the trucks had the name "Jimmy Two Loads" on the door / side of the truck... Does anyone out there know the story behind this nickname or have any pictures of this specific truck? I have wondered for many years if there was a good story behind the nickname.

Replies3
  1. #1HDX2016-04-29 19:32

    BCSpecial Maybe post this one over on the MacMillan Bloedel thread That is where to ask the guys about the M&B trucks You will never the less still get your answer. It is a good one though. Welcome to the forum Lots of knowledge and history here on the web site

  2. #2BCSpecial2016-04-29 19:44

    Thanks HDX, I will post this in the M7B thread.

  3. #3BTC2016-04-29 22:09

    Jimmy two loads Mr. Jim Work. When he retired a couple years ago I had the picture of him at the Menzies Bay AFrame put on his cake. I have a few pictures at the shop of him and the truck your welcome to a copy. PM me. Jim was and is an exceptional guy and a true character that is missed around the operation by those of us that appreciate those types.