Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

M.E.R. Gallery

M.E.R. ยท 2009-06-24 16:03

Just signed up so I wanted to show some of my work. Thanks and Enjoy

Replies65
  1. #1M.E.R.2009-06-24 16:09

    Heres some more...

  2. #2M.E.R.2009-06-24 16:13

    Heres a couple more

  3. #3PipeLayer2009-06-24 18:06

    Looks good. I wish our shop made em shine like that.

  4. #4D5G2009-06-24 20:21

    Some nice iron! You guys busy down south?

  5. #5NJfarmer2009-06-24 20:38

    Curious M.E.R. What do you degrease your machinery with, and what type of sandblaster do you use. Thanks, NJfarmer

  6. #6M.E.R.2009-06-24 20:59

    D5G- We were in construction for 45 years before shutting down. I was the third gen. of the company, but we got out ahead. I started a small painting company serving a few local contractors. I can say that business is very slow for everyone down here though. NJfarmer- I use a Zep degreaser when steam cleaning to cut a lot off then a wax and grease remover once inside before painting. Zep soaps and other products are second to none in my book. We used them for years and will continue too. The sandblaster I have is an old blaster that we've had for prolly 20 years, couldnt tell ya what it is but it hold about 400lbs of material.

  7. #7JonesBros2009-06-24 21:58

    Very nice work! I would love to have a painting business on the side, but we only do it during the winter months or the months we're shut down. We've got a couple of pieces lined up for painting this year whenever we decide to do it.

  8. #8bill53622009-06-24 22:39

    MER welcome to the forum. You do a very nice job with the equipment, keep the pics coming.

  9. #9EZ TRBO2009-06-24 22:54

    Bout the same deal here, family was in the biz for over 60 and with everyone getting on in age, my dad took over as head of county highway dept and I went to work for the company I work for now, doing alot of the same things. Everything was paid for and the machines still worth some $$$, still have our buildings which we are actually renting out and getting some $ for that, and still have use of them as needed. Nice looking machines. Trbo

  10. #10willie592009-06-24 22:55

    That's nice work MER. :notworthy What part of Cinci are you in and who do you get your decals from?

  11. #11razvy2009-06-25 01:15

    :notworthy NICE JOB's :notworthy

  12. #12M.E.R.2009-06-25 17:02

    Trbo- we were the same deal as you, everything paid for and were able to rent properties as well. Atco- Im on the eastside of town in Clermont county about 15-20 minutes from downtown. I get most decals from Prodecal in Cleveland.

  13. #13M.E.R.2009-06-25 22:01

    Heres a Cat 416C I just finished, It was a mess as you can see from the pics. These are some of the pre finish pics

  14. #14M.E.R.2009-06-25 22:05

    Here are the finish pics.

  15. #15razvy2009-06-25 22:29

    You relay give that machine new life, nice job .

  16. #16dozerdave2009-06-25 23:08

    Outstanding M.E.R. I painted a Cat 90 scraper years ago and got more paint on me than the scraper.

  17. #17M.E.R.2009-07-18 12:16

    Here is some of my latest work

  18. #18countrylife2009-07-18 12:36

    What does a paint job like that backhoe run? Just a ballpark since I know the prep has a lot to do with the cost as well.

  19. #19hvy 1ton2009-07-20 02:34

    Somebody dropped A Lot of rock over the back of the bucket.

  20. #20M.E.R.2009-08-27 18:30

    Here are some of the latest updates, we've been renovating our shop lately and trying to pick up some more local clients.

  21. #21M.E.R.2009-08-27 18:44

    The doors, fenders, cab, and tail light housings all had horrible rust.

  22. #22Wolf2009-08-27 18:51

    nice work, man. iron looks great.

  23. #23M.E.R.2009-08-27 18:53

    Here was a project for a local group that goes to a lot of Bearcats and Bengals games

  24. #24JDOFMEMI2009-08-28 00:07

    Nice work you are doing MER

  25. #25tippatone2009-08-28 07:42

    Very impressive work there, but I must say, the group you did the bus for they must cry alot going to Bengals games:crying

  26. #26M.E.R.2009-08-29 08:27

    Yea they now are doing a series of vinyl on the bus thats only geared toward bearcats. It'll have their logo on the back and claw marks down the side of the bus

  27. #27M.E.R.2010-01-17 20:36

    heres another D6, I'll post up some more recent projects in the next few days.

  28. #28M.E.R.2010-01-17 20:39

    Sorry about the size, it was taken from my phone. Camera pics will be up soon.

  29. #29EGS2010-01-17 20:44

    You do some real nice work there M.E.R. I would like to see some more pics.

  30. #30bill53622010-01-17 22:18

    M.E.R. very nice looking equipment, I will give you a call soon I have an excavator that I want to get painted.. Thanks Bill

  31. #31pbean2010-01-18 12:02

    Nice work

  32. #32M.E.R.2010-01-18 14:42

    Here are some more photos for everyone.

  33. #33M.E.R.2010-01-18 14:45

    The interior was completely gutted and repainted with a spray in liner floor to prevent rust.

  34. #34M.E.R.2010-01-18 14:47

    Here is another 963 I did recently

  35. #35M.E.R.2010-01-18 14:50

    Here is a 953 that I did a black cab update.

  36. #36M.E.R.2010-01-18 14:54

    Here is a Mini ex that turned out great, I'm a Cat guy but something about John deere yellow really shines.

  37. #37M.E.R.2010-01-18 14:56

    Here are the finish

  38. #38EGS2010-01-18 18:35

    M.E.R. do you charge by the hour or by the job? Sure looks like you do some great work.

  39. #39M.E.R.2010-01-18 20:38

    Almost always by the job

  40. #40Digger Dan2010-01-18 20:54

    Very nice work there...

  41. #41Aliate2010-01-18 21:37

    how much do you charge usually?

  42. #42M.E.R.2010-01-18 21:42

    Well that has a lot of variation depending on the machine and what the owner wants.

  43. #43M.E.R.2010-01-19 19:36

    By the way guys, if you are interested I can send a brochure. Just send me a message with your name and address.

  44. #44M.E.R.2010-04-07 20:24

    D6 update heres another D6 that I did a black cab update

  45. #45M.E.R.2010-04-07 20:41

    The latest project This is prolly one of the biggest projects to date. Enjoy! Here is how it all started.

  46. #46M.E.R.2010-04-07 20:48

    Here is the truck after sandblasting.

  47. #47M.E.R.2010-04-07 20:54

    Taken apart, blocked up, and primed.

  48. #48M.E.R.2010-04-07 21:01

    Finally some paint goes on. Six colors total.

  49. #49M.E.R.2010-04-07 21:07

    And finally finished! Hope you like it.

  50. #50RonG2010-04-08 06:20

    Excellent job!!Who paints the drum and where does that happen?Ron G

  51. #51M.E.R.2010-04-08 07:22

    The drum for this truck was being replaced so it comes painted from the factory.

  52. #52EGS2010-04-08 10:46

    That looks really great! You do some great work.

  53. #53cps2010-04-08 13:06

    Those projects are getting larger all the time!!! What next hey??

  54. #54M.E.R.2010-05-02 14:39

    Hey guys here is a recent project. 2004 toyota tundra "all over" paint job. The truck started out a dark green and was repainted toyota red. It was jammed, wet sanded, and buffed creating a great finished product.

  55. #55tylermckee2010-05-02 15:01

    Ever paint any equipment anything other than factory colors? I like seeing custom paint on equipment.

  56. #56M.E.R.2010-05-02 15:11

    Ive painted some more custom designs on my motorcycle fairings but nothing to custom on the equipment yet, although I would love to try it.

  57. #57M.E.R.2010-09-09 16:07

    Recent work hey guys, more paint pics as soon as the site will let me post em up!

  58. #58Digger Dan2010-09-10 01:00

    Looking forward to seeing them

  59. #59stepsideclyde2010-09-11 08:09

    Hey, MER, What do you use for Paint and primer? Enamel, urethane? What d you seal the bare metal with? Those are really great paint jobs! tc

  60. #60M.E.R.2010-09-11 14:49

    Hey guys, since I've been having trouble posting pictures here I made a facebook page for photos and updates. Check it out under Midwest Equipment Restoration. Thanks!

  61. #61stevepcarbone2010-10-05 17:54

    Impressive! Love the attention to detail.

  62. #62D&GExcavating2010-10-05 20:52

    too bad you aren't up here in Minnesota! Great work

  63. #63Deereman2010-10-12 21:44

    MER, that concrete truck turned out nice. If your still doing this in a years time I might hit you up on a deal..

  64. #64M.E.R.2010-10-17 14:08

    Hey guys check out Midwest equipment restoration on our facebook page for the new pics of a custom paint t800!

  65. #65ScottAR2010-10-17 21:09

    Good lookin KW...