Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Machine mounted laser receiver

Jay47620 · 2015-11-08 20:30

Hey I was looking into laser receiver and didn't know if anyone had opinions on them?? Was looking at the Spectra Precision LR30-1 Laser Receiver. Thanks for the help!

Replies6
  1. #1Shimmy12015-11-08 21:10

    What are you going to do with it?

  2. #2Jay476202015-11-08 21:16

    I have a 850 dozer,Mimi exc, and a 420d backhoe. Just doing grade work and trench work.

  3. #3Shimmy12015-11-08 22:15

    If you're looking to trench with it, you are going to want a LR60. I know they are quite a bit more money, but it's what you need for accurate trenching.

  4. #4treemover2015-11-08 23:26

    Don't mean to hijack, I am in the same position, what makes LS 60 better? What about LS 30?

  5. #5Shimmy12015-11-09 00:00

    LR30 is bare bones. Just indicates grade. LR50 is plumb indicating. That means it lets you know by flashing or staying solid when you're plumb. LR60 is plumb compensating. That means you program in the distance from the receiver to the tip of your bucket teeth, and it adjusts to tell you grade +/- 30° angle.

  6. #6farmerlund2015-11-09 19:57

    :iagree Right on Shimmy. I cheaped out on the first one I bought years ago, didn't even have the plumb indicating function. lost it in the cattails on a drain tile job, I was not even sad to see it go. the one I have now has the plumb in it. should have bought it first time around.