Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Machine salvage

wlhequipment ยท 2024-12-04 08:25

Hey folks, I'm looking for suggestions on salvage yards. I want a backhoe attachment for my Deere 401C. A 9250 or 9300 should work. I've got saved searches on all the big machinery auction sites. I've had those up for around 6 months now and not a peep. I'm also burned out from dealing with A-hole scammers on Facebook marketplace. Seems like scammers is all they have there. Craigslist yields nothing. Anyway, closer to CO the better. Anyone have any suggestions for yards to call?

Replies4
  1. #1Tyler d4c2024-12-04 08:30

    Id be shocked if you found one in a salvage yard that was useable. There 50 plus years old. Out of curriosity are you looking for one to use of is this a restoration project

  2. #2wlhequipment2024-12-04 08:31

    Just a toy. I'm never going to actually use it.

  3. #3LCA0782024-12-06 10:30

    I've seen random backhoe attachments pop up on craigslist and facebook marketplace but very random. I'd say you're in for a decent wait but I'm sure something will surface. There is a large JD salvage yard here somewhere in central Texas that's been mentioned a few times here on HEF. Might want to locate them and ask them if 1) they have an attachment or 2) do they know who to call for one. Btw- I also have a 401C but without a backhoe attachment. And no desire to add one since I have other options to dig a hole. Mine has the 3-point hitch and PTO so I use it more as a farm tractor anyway. But I do like my 401C. Very strong for it's size and extremely easy to keep running. If I see an hoe attachment pop up in my neck of the woods, I'll let you know.

  4. #4wlhequipment2024-12-06 14:47

    Thanks! I'll look around for that yard. Now, of course, a truck is coming up for auction that my company needs more, so the backhoe may have to wait awhile