Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Machine Shop Auction

Old Doug ยท 2015-03-28 21:16

I went to a machine shop auction today. The shop had been there for alot of years more than 60 and before i had a lathe or mill i had work done there. Shops like this are a dieing off because of less people repairing stuff. It was a very good sell for the owner because there was alot of amish buying stuff. I was talking to the owner last month and he was worried about the big lathe not bring much but it went for a good amount. I had a plan that i hope works out. I have a metal brake that is longer than i need so when the one there sold i ask the guy that was biding on it that didnt get it if he would be interested in the one i have. He looked it over and is comeing back next week to get it i hope.

Replies4
  1. #1nowing752015-03-29 14:58

    I have had good luck at auctions latly. Most of the time the big old lathes go cheap as they are hard to move. I got tons of stuff for pennies on the dollar.

  2. #2still learn'n2015-03-29 17:24

    is there lots of machine shops going out in your guys areas that have the bigger older machines on them? How do you find out about them auctions? Jerry

  3. #3nowing752015-03-29 18:07

    Auctionzip.com. Sometimes shops are just downsizing.

  4. #4Old Doug2015-03-29 19:04

    The only thing that went cheap was the older welders. Almost every thing went to the amish. They paid double what things were worth. One thing that i thought went sky high was a 4foot roller that they had built out of junk. It was well built and worked good it brought 6500.00. If i had a time machine i would go back and put my stuff in that sell.