Hi peeps planning to hire in a machine problem is what size is best suited??? iv got 20m by 50m =1000sqm i need to grade off but only have 5 days to do it im groundworker by trade. the costumer wanted 4 tonner but im still not shore Im thinking a 8 tonner for 3 days
Are you just grading it or spreading loam? What is the condition of the land right now? I did an area about that big in four days with a 4.5 US Ton machine and I'm a bit of a novice. We did some minor regrading and spread ~4" of loam across the whole thing. I won't say it was efficient, though. I'd go with the 8 ton machine if I was being hired. If you run into any large rocks or stumps a 4 tonne machine will be really struggling. EDIT: We worked at least 10 hour days, so that was 40 hours grading an area about that big with a 4.5 Ton machine. I did most of it, but I had help with some tasks by another 4 tonner. Go with the 8.
so do you think it it can be done in 3 days with a 8 tonner
i think im just grading off but not shore lol how deep to you have to take out for a riding school
If the customer wants to spell out what machine you use and how long it's supposed to take, propose to hire the machine he wants for the amount of time he says and to hell with guaranteeing if the job can be finished with that machine in that amount of time. If the customer knows best, let him do it himself.