Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Machine throwing code after replacing a line

Timberthemechanic · 2025-03-08 18:11

I have a 299 d3 cat skid steer and we replaced the main line running to the right side final drive was running fine before replacing now it has a code popping up 2685-8 everything works as shut just won’t quit beeping and the codes keep coming up any help is greatly appreciated

Replies4
  1. #1CM19952025-03-08 18:18

    Welcome to the Forums TbM! Glad to have you. I am no mechanic just a 1/2 ass contractor. However the wrenches on the board will need a serial number as there are many variants of 299D's. BTW moved this over to the CTL forum. Best of luck!

  2. #2Timberthemechanic2025-03-08 18:24

    Thank you sir

  3. #3ozarkag2025-03-08 19:18

    Drive motor speed sensor. I suspect the wire could be damaged. See this thread HeavyEquipmentForums

  4. #4CM19952025-03-08 19:24

    You're welcome. BTW just saw you are from AL as well.