Hello everyone, Long time reader, first time poster here. I recently bought a WN ST28 with 1400 hours on the meter. The only reason I went with WN is that they are my closest dealer, oddly enough. So far, not too impressed with the dealer or the machine, and I reckon I overpaid. Anyways, she's due for new drive sprockets. Would've already had it in the shop for that but lo and behold getting parts is a nightmare. They aren't due in until mid April at this point. The dealer is claiming that a worn sprocket could be causing my issue of it not tracking straight (as well as some software tracking thing). So here's where I'm at - I'll attach a picture of what trying to go in a straight line looks like. Happens in forward or reverse, and I feel like the hydraulic motor noise is a bit more pronounced when turning to the right. I personally don't believe the sprocket to be at fault. There's no skipping or chattering. The tracks were recently changed but I've checked and rechecked the tension - it's within spec. I'm starting to lose sleep thinking that it might be drive motor related, or the very early stages of such. In which case, I'd be wise to part with it ASAP. Let me know what you guys think since I can't get the dealer to take a look until April. Thanks!
What don't you like about the WN, besides the tracking issue. There are some guys here that own some of them and seem to like them.
Number one thing would be electrical issues. So far it kind of reminds me of a 06 Polaris Ranger that I once had. It seems to enjoy throwing codes/symbols that mean nothing intermittently even though it's running fine. Like, for instance, it threw a code for less than 5 seconds every time I operated the aux until I turned on continuous flow for a second. Miraculously it's all good now. Which, from experience, is going to be a lot of down time down the road. Smells like gremlins. Then there's the cab, which definitely feels like a rental cab. It get's less and less comfortable the more time I spend in it. The controls can feel imprecise at times. Although I am comparing it in my head to a Takeuchi so some of that's on me. In short, it feels like a very cheap simple machine that is going to be held back by sensors and computers. All of those gripes pale in comparison to my dissatisfaction with parts availability and my dealer in general.