Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Machinery open house

Freightrain ยท 2008-04-27 16:23

Lakeside Sand and Gravel has an open house every year at this time. It started small, but last couple years it's really grown with more equipment running, people and quite a food spread all compliments of Larry Kotkowski(owner). Here's link to pictures: http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh300/Freightrain66/lakeside2008/?start=0

Replies5
  1. #1ZAXIS2008-04-27 21:05

    Neat pics of some "old school" iron. Loved the Green International P/U!!

  2. #2Freightrain2008-04-27 22:57

    Ya, I used to have one(2wd), 1210 series, 345/4spd. All you could say was "It was a TRUCK". No frills, just a truck, not like todays versions. I kinda like the mid 80's chevy(and I'm a Ford guy) with the 6/53T Detriot in it. 10 spd RR, brownie too. It was clean as a PIN everywhere. Super detail job on the install. If you look closely at the pic of white Ford pickup...you'll see my Mack in the backround.

  3. #3kamerad472008-04-28 16:48

    I went to a couple these shows the last few yrs but, I wonder how many of these shows are going to go on with the price of fuel??:beatsme

  4. #4Freightrain2008-04-29 13:02

    Ya, I know the antique truck shows are starting to feel the hit. Lots of people just staying home or alot closer to home. I don't go to all the shows that I used to...just can't justify multiple hundreds of dollars to sit in a field all day...as much as I used to enjoy going. I made a comment to guys at this show that the owner must have really spent a fortune that day with all that was going on. Food(hamburgers for everyone) plus all the fuel in all the machines that ran all day(for show).

  5. #5woodchuck22008-04-30 10:36

    Some nice old iron for sure, you just dont see to many corn binders anymore and that one is a nice example of an International truck.