Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Old unknown International track loader.

Truckie · 2008-04-22 19:29

Old unknown International track loader. I have no idea what size or modle it is. I just received this Intentional track loader today, she runs but the fwd gear is out of it and the mechanic who brought her in said it would cost more in parts than what the machine is worth so they decided to scrap her. She has a date with the torch tomorrow. This is when it is sad to work in a scrap yard. Hey but the owner is a happy camper. $160 dollars a ton for scarp.

Replies21
  1. #1Wolf2008-04-22 20:43

    Cool machine. Too bad about its future, though. Can any of it be salvaged for parts, or just gonna trash it all?

  2. #2Colin Doy2008-04-22 21:36

    Darn shame, don't post pictures of the torching truckie it will be too much

  3. #3Buddy2008-04-22 22:07

    International loader Should post this on the Red Power site. I bet some one would rescue it !

  4. #4ror76a2008-04-22 22:07

    Any chance you could save the top rollers for me? They might work on my TD6 - that I am in the process of putting a new undercarrige on.

  5. #5iron kid2008-04-23 08:03

    taking in 2 DT24 1959 one in that shape and the other runs and looks good. Getting 2.25 a ton here in iowa at a weight of 59000 the owner said he has to sell them to the scrap yard It's sad to haul them in knowing all the work they have done and still could do in the right hands

  6. #6bigblueox2008-04-23 09:41

    I was gonna say! let me buy the top hyd cylinder(s)!!

  7. #7Truckie2008-04-23 17:52

    Top cylinders are still there, I’m not real sure about the top rollers. I think one of the guys might have burned them off. If you are really serious about the top cylinders I will save them as long as no one touched them. Just let me know either in this post or by PM. PM me a phone number and I will call you tomorrow once I get to work and double check.

  8. #8stretch2008-04-23 17:53

    :crying :nono

  9. #9iceberg2102008-04-24 11:53

    Is that a T340? That'd be my guess. To bad to see the sad end to a great machine. I've had to bring some old trucks down to the scrapper and while the check you get for scrap makes it not as bad, it still hurts to see this stuff go, even though they are shot, you still want to put way more money then they're worth into them to get them back up and running again.

  10. #10Truckie2008-04-24 20:10

    Big Blue OX I’m sorry but one of the guys torched the end off the cylinders. ROR7A here are the top rollers. Let me know if they will work for you.

  11. #11mascas2008-04-24 20:47

    What scrap yard do you work at Truckie????? It does kinda suck having to grind,and or torch up some pretty cool stuff..I work at a shredder here in kc.(Advantage Metal Recycling) formerly Galamba.David Joseph bought us who was bought by Nucor. I went from several bosses to to many to count.

  12. #12Truckie2008-04-24 21:37

    I work for American Steel Processing on Neville Island. I’m a shear operator. Some of the equipment I have see brought in just breaks my heart. The worst part is we are located next to a few army bases and repair facilities and receive some equipment from them, but we are not allowed to take pictures of that stuff and have to destroy most of it in frony of them. :beatsme

  13. #13digger242j2008-04-24 22:07

    I could never work in a scrap yard. Every time I go to one I see more stuff I want to bring home than stuff I'm going to leave...

  14. #14Burnout2008-04-24 23:13

    So sad to see that machine murdered. You know with a little bit of finesse and some welding that could be transformed into a propulsion unit for our home made concrete crusher.

  15. #15woodchuck22008-04-30 10:48

    You will see alot more of this as steel prices go up, I have been taking scrap in lately just cleaning up at my other home. Steel here is going for $275-$300 a ton for #1 steel depending on what yard you go to.

  16. #16LowBoy2008-05-04 07:31

    The King of Obsolete is not going to be happy with you, Truckie...:nono

  17. #17mmi2009-08-15 00:34

    get similar items in give a shout before using the axe

  18. #18CaribooHarry2009-08-21 19:48

    I'm with Digger242j, my wife considers it a victory if I come home from the dump with less than I had in the truck when I left. I call it "grass routes" recycling.

  19. #19stock2009-08-21 20:09

    My other half has revoked my dump privileges ......period ,go figure........

  20. #20King of Obsolete2009-08-21 23:58

    glad you could join us mmi and yes the KING is not happy. i could have strip that machine down and make it a winter freighting cat, LOL i did scrap metal for close to 20 years and the stories i could tell. now back to happy thoughts, LOL thansk KoO Published Author

  21. #21brian falcone2009-08-26 20:17

    thats whats left of an international 165 . the 165 was built towards the end of internationals construction equipment division before it was sold to dresser industries. it was a totally new design.not an upgraded older version. and it was one of internationals last "new" machines to be made. that and the modular designed td12 .the 165 is tough to find. theres one here and there popping up on ebay now and then .and i think theres one on machinery trader. not as popular as the 125 and 175.