Hello I am on the search for fleet owners of Bell/Hitachi articulated truck owners. I own and operate a repair company in NSW, Australia which manages a fleet of Bell/Hitachi articulated trucks. The models include, Hitachi AH300, AH400 and AH500s (Mark IV and up models) Bell B40D and B50D (again Mark IV and up) There are not a lot of these types of trucks in NSW and even Australia. I am looking for some fleet owners to discuss (via email) what sort of issues to look out for. The trucks we have range from brand new through to 8,500 hours. I have not found any other trucks with over these hours so far. I am anticipating that we will have the major components get through to at least 15,000 hours but my concerns are what could happen while we get there. If you know of any such companies with these trucks I would appreciate if you would forward their email/website details or forward on this message. Regards Ian Shilling Gaamben Earthmoving Repairs Email: [email protected]
Welcome to HEF shillings. :usa One problem I've been told by mechanics about Bell trucks is the way drivers use the front locking differential. That front axle should only be engaged to get one out of or through a slick area. If an operator leaves it engaged while driving and making turns on hard ground it will destroy parts in the front diff. Many mechanics disable the front diff lock to prevent operators from damaging them. Not sure if this applies to the "D mark IV", but you might want to inquire about it.