Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Machines

thebig450es ยท 2009-10-08 18:10

who here has some pictures of there 5-6 ton on the job.

Replies61
  1. #1excav8r2009-10-23 21:01

    here is a picture digging some test holes for ground source heating on a farm. machine is a kubota kx 121 more to come soon just hae to get em on the computer

  2. #2ScottSeptic2009-10-24 20:38

    That KX-121 is a great machine I have spent many hours on one and I couldnt say one bad thing about.

  3. #3spitzair2009-10-25 00:09

    Not quite in your weight category but here's my dad trying out his new toy the day he got it...

  4. #4Squizzy246B2009-10-25 00:25

    The Kubota is 5 1/2 tonnes.

  5. #5ScottSeptic2009-10-25 09:07

    Hey Spitzair, I used my friends KX121 alot, but I needed something a little bit smaller so back in July I bought a 2007 303C CR for myself, kind of ironic but as soon as I can post some pics of it I will....

  6. #6excav8r2009-10-25 19:32

    the kx is definatly the nicest mini ex i've operated,. Lots of power for its size nice controls but those cats are pretty nice to operate to. used to run a cat 302.5 all the time for the last company i worked for. what kind of work do you guys do? Here a few more pics for you guys

  7. #7spitzair2009-10-25 22:27

    On behalf of myself and everybody here, Welcome to the forum Scott! How do you like the 303? Overall I like my Dad's, it seems to have good power, it's smooth to run and quick enough, the only thing I don't like 100% about it is the balance, but I guess that's just the zero tailswing on it... I did prefer the Bobcat excavators over this one though, but I still do like this 303! One more post and you can post pics too, you need 3 posts to become a full member.

  8. #8ScottSeptic2009-10-26 21:24

    Thanks Spitzair, i absolutely love my 303 its the perfect size for me and the one I bought is in tremendous condition. I had been renting minis for about 3-4 years so I knew what I needed and I couldn't be happier with the result.

  9. #9willie592009-10-26 21:38

    Welcome to the forum ScottSeptic. :usa You now have you 3 probationary posts in. After a period of time, you'll be updated to Junior Member and be able to post pics.

  10. #10ScottSeptic2009-10-26 21:44

    Thanks, lookin forward to it......

  11. #11willie592009-10-26 21:49

    There ya go...Junior Member. :cool2

  12. #12ScottSeptic2009-10-26 21:53

    If I did it right here are some pics of my mini.....:usa

  13. #13spitzair2009-10-26 22:04

    That's a nice looking 303! It's obviously well taken care of. Thanks for sharing!

  14. #14KSSS2009-10-26 22:26

    Go to my website www.kaiserskidsteer.com have a ton of pictures of my 6 ton machine.

  15. #15dirt digger2009-10-27 12:49

    my boss just bought this little machine used (1200 hours)...i like it i am recently back at work for him after a layoff at another company...so i have just started running it as he did not have it when I worked for him last year...so i do not currently have a whole lot of pictures...but heres some

  16. #16bluntman410g2009-10-30 11:13

    in my backyard after tearing down above ground pool with deck around it.

  17. #17maddog2009-11-02 09:29

    nice pictures everyone thanks for sharing

  18. #18thebig450es2009-11-02 09:48

    I really like this size of machine, good for tight spots but still big enough for some larger projects

  19. #19HLNTOIZ2009-11-02 17:06

    Here are some pics of My 08' VIO-35-3. I love the machine. I have a thumb, grading bucket and hammer with it. Heat and Air Cond is a great thing. So versitile and compact. I get a lot done with it.

  20. #20mxridernrth2009-11-03 13:20

    great setup Man! You've got a nice setup there! Makin' me jealous. Nice country too. Great for motocross

  21. #21thebig450es2009-11-09 10:52

    I would have thought more people would be using this size machine

  22. #22KSSS2009-11-09 21:27

    Thanks, I don't do motocross but we do ride quads a lot here.

  23. #23SMF2009-11-10 02:58

    Sorry, just need three posts

  24. #24SMF2009-11-10 03:02

    Number two.

  25. #25SMF2009-11-10 03:05

    Last one.

  26. #26Cat E70b2009-11-11 21:15

    Cat 305 This is the machine i spend a lot of time on at work

  27. #27thebig450es2009-11-11 21:41

    Can you tell me about your tamper

  28. #28maddog2009-11-12 08:37

    I've got a JCB 400lb but no pictures yet . The machine is great though easy to get into those tight spots.

  29. #29thebig450es2009-11-13 22:00

    Here is mine doing some digging

  30. #30strott2009-11-14 11:03

    Thats a deep hole there!!

  31. #31thebig450es2009-11-14 11:43

    It was about 14 feet

  32. #32TURBOCAT2010-01-05 22:16

    ex pics kx 161-2 20" steel pads

  33. #33Colorado Digger2010-01-06 10:33

    obviously, you are laying pipe in that trench. i am not bagging, but you might want to lay those back, the banks look super unstable. 14 foot deep??? lay it back before someone gets hurt.

  34. #34M Palmgren2010-01-07 07:19

    Hi Scott Septic, You wouldnt by chance be related to the late Michael Scott on water st Natick are you ? My uncle Rob lives on water st and we Knew mike very well . Let me know Mike Palmgren

  35. #35ScottSeptic2010-01-07 18:36

    Mike Palmgren, I am Mike Scott's nephew Rob, I believe I used to hang around with Andrew alot when I was little. I grew up on water st. with all of them and my uncle mikes wife still lives in the house there.

  36. #36M Palmgren2010-01-07 18:56

    Hey Small world Huh, Yup Andrews my cousin, I did alot with your uncle he was a great guy . great to see your carrying on the business . My uncle rob tells me all types of funny stories about your grandfather How he used to haul everything in his old chevette chickens and goats to maine . I think he even pulled out the septic truck once with that car too funny. I do light excavating in the princeton area mainly small stuff I bought a brand new kubota KX91 excavator last year and i have a CAT 226 skid steer with all the attachments I keep plenty busy with little 1 or 2 day jobs . Great to hear from you . Maybe i will run into you one of these days in natick Im always over there , take care Rob Mike

  37. #37ScottSeptic2010-01-07 19:10

    Small World it is...... Ya my grandfather did some odd things in the old days but we are still carrying on the septic business everything is well here we have a bunch of equipment now too. Tell your uncle and cousins I said hello and hopefully we will run into each other in south natick eventually. Take it easy.

  38. #38M Palmgren2010-01-07 20:45

    sounds good , I will tell them you say Hello, take care Mike

  39. #39Deereman2010-01-07 22:40

    HLNTOIZ, when I first looked at your mini I thought it had a tick on her on the top side of the cab :drinkup

  40. #40thebig450es2010-11-14 23:01

    anyone get any more 5-6 ton machines?

  41. #41spitzair2010-11-14 23:42

    Here's a few I took just yesterday. Enjoy.

  42. #42thebig450es2010-11-15 00:39

    I like that 303 spitzair, anymore pics?

  43. #43spitzair2010-11-15 21:41

    Just for you thebig450es. I took these today while working on the movie job I've been doing off and on over the last few months. Cheers!

  44. #44Yukon Digger2010-11-28 17:46

    A few Yukon pics Great pictures folks. Here's some pics of our KX121-3. My apologies if I've put them up in another thread in the past. As there is about a foot of snow on the ground in the Yukon the machine is now a snowplow. The angle blade sure helps with that. I didn't get any pics of it but I did some logging with the machine this spring using a 16ft dump trailer. 15 foot green spruce loaded with the machine then dumped about a kilometre away. Sure is a fast way to move logs.

  45. #45Yukon Digger2010-11-28 17:53

    A few more Yukon pics I don't do a lot of hauling so the old 1985 F350 is all I need. I sure is nice to be able to fix a truck without needing a computer and with a few simple tools. The 460 engine eats the gas on the hills but is not too bad overall.

  46. #46245dlc2010-11-28 18:39

    Nice pictures Yukon Digger what part of the Yukon do you live in? My uncle use to live just outside of Carcross.

  47. #47Colorado Digger2010-11-28 20:21

    is the barge your transport. and are all those 50's gas and diesal?

  48. #48Yukon Digger2010-11-28 21:13

    Colorado Digger and 245dlc, The 45's are gas and diesel empties being backhauled to be refilled or reused by the fuel company. I think there were a few drums of AV gas and Jet B too. We took them full on the way down to the job. The barge is owned by another person. It's used in the 'Southern Lakes' which is a lake system that is the headwaters of the Yukon River south of Whitehorse and extends down below the Yukon / BC border. I live in the Whitehorse-Carcross-Tagish-Jakes Corners loop 245dlc. Don't be afraid to go check out your uncles footsteps especially at $1400/oz gold. What was $6 gold / cu. yrd. a few years ago is now $12-18. Plus it's just beautiful country if you have any holiday / road trip time. I believe any 5 ton excavator could easily move between 10 - 20 yards/hour or even more into a sluice if the material is already ripped and pushed up. You always have to consider all the permafrost, big boulders and deep overburden that is always there. A few days hiring a D7 can take care of that however.

  49. #49TomG2010-11-28 22:07

    Here are some pictures of our Bobcat E50. She just broke 100hrs. last week and I have no complaints. This machine sure packs a lot of power for its size.

  50. #50casecx7002010-11-28 22:13

    well I have to say the kobota's look like they are very nice machine do they run well????

  51. #51Yukon Digger2010-11-28 22:52

    I so love my Kubota and have had zero issues. It helps that I have a great dealer who happens to live down the road but I think all the machines are amazing works of technology and you would be happy with any of them. I don't mind paying full price to a dealer for the machine or parts but I always like one who has the time to answer my stupid questions or to drop by and take a quick look at an issue I may have. I change engine and drive oil more often than recommended and am always throwing in a new fuel filter and spend as much time as I can with a rag cleaning things and poking around my machine. So far so good. The only issue so far is a few random screws inside the cab coming loose. It works good to -25C but I have an oil pan heater and battery blanket if I ever have to fire it up when it's that cold. I put a glue-on patch heater on the hydraulic tank as well to give the oil a bit of a warmth boost. You'll be happy with whatever you get if its new. If looking for a used machine bring a friend who has experience if you're not sure yourself.

  52. #52245dlc2010-11-30 00:56

    Yeah I'd love to go up there but I'm getting married next August and the wife want's to go the maritimes for the honeymoon. Otherwise I'd be heading for the WP&Y as soon as I had the chance. My dad worked at a couple mines up there to help put himself through University during the seventies, he still speaks very highly of the Yukon.

  53. #53thebig450es2010-11-30 11:54

    I like that E50

  54. #54SpartanDiesel2010-12-01 04:11

    Likewise. The new T870 is getting me spoiled, and one of the enclosed cab E50's is starting to look real nice about right now. Tom's rig looks just like the options and size I'm looking for in a mini x.

  55. #55thebig450es2011-01-10 17:52

    Has anyone got any new machines or new pics?

  56. #56spitzair2011-01-10 22:10

    Yup! Here's some of my dad's 303... Same machine, just a few new pictures. By the way, and this is off topic, but is it just me or are others also not getting email notification of threads they've subscribed to?

  57. #57spitzair2011-01-10 22:12

    Couple more.

  58. #58TomG2011-01-10 22:28

    Make a post here, your not alone! HeavyEquipmentForums

  59. #59Ryanrb252011-01-11 07:13

    just a couple

  60. #60Reel hip2011-01-31 11:50

    Is that your AC/Heater in the window? Aftermarket. I haven't seen those.

  61. #61thebig450es2011-10-21 06:30

    Ttt