Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Machines with true pilot controls

ElliottG ยท 2026-03-27 22:30

Hi guys I'm trying to make a list of potential machines I will keep an eye out for as I am looking for a machine. Looking at older machines, something like 2002-2010. I know ASV RC30, 50, 60, etc., Gehl/Mustang/Takeuchi, Cat 247/257 all have true joystick pilot controls. Anything else in those years to look out for?

Replies6
  1. #1KSSS2026-03-27 22:35

    Case 400 series 3, 08-2010

  2. #2BC Placer gold2026-03-27 22:40

    We recently sold our 2008 ASV RC50 (didn't need it as also have an older Deere 270). I sure liked the feel of the pilot controls on that machine; really smooth linear feel. A lot nicer/less tiring to operate than the hand/foot controls on the Deere!. But in cold weather there was a small, but noticeable lag. The lag fairly quickly diminished once everything got worked & the oil warmed up.

  3. #3ElliottG2026-03-27 22:56

    Yes we also have an RC30. Great feeling controls on the machine. Would love an RC50 but looking at other options in case something else comes up. CTL's are quite rare in my area.

  4. #4BC Placer gold2026-03-28 10:15

    Those little RC30's look very useful! My only (tracked) experience was with the RC50. I was very particular about how I operated the machine and never had any wear issues in the undercarriage; but I believe other systems may be a lot more robust. Depends on how you plan on using the machine....Seem to hear a lot of good feedback on the Cat's (probably newer than you are looking for). KSSS (above) has a lot of knowledge on the Case units and they seem to be a very good machine. Kubota would likely be a very good choice as well. There are a lot of people on here that have a ton of experience with the tracked skid steers.... Good luck!

  5. #5Andy FitzGibbon2026-03-29 08:59

    I have an ASV SR80 from 2008 and it's a great machine with pilot controls. Became the PT80 when Terex bought ASV.

  6. #6PlumberRob2026-03-30 12:46

    Kubota anything -2 will be full pilot(65,75,90,95,97), -3's have electronics built into them.