Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mack B model wrecker

CAT D9H ยท 2009-07-05 22:36

Heres my 2 B model Macks in 1:24 scale, The bed says its a 650 Holmes , but I think it should be a 850 because a 650 is alittle small for what this truck would need if it were real, there is a ton of small details on these trucks , and alot that I had to make better , like the side and rear outriggers didnt work when I got them so I made someout of brass , brass unpainted brass for the blue ,white and gold truck and I painted the others black for the black truck I also built scotch blocks for both of them blue for the blue,white and gold truck and black for the other , I also took them apart and built CB's and switch panels with a PTO lever for both trucks I took pics of that but they were blury so i didnt post them , if you wana see them let me know , the trucks have Thermodyne Mack diesel engines and 20 speed Mack transmissions , and Rockwell drive axles , the thing that makes me so mad with these trucks is the winches dont work:thumbdown:soapbox but one day I plan on trying to make some that do

Replies4
  1. #1CAT D9H2009-07-05 22:38

    I also for got I built a tow bar for the white truck , I havent got around to building one for the balck truck , heres a few more , Hope you all like them

  2. #2tippatone2009-07-06 00:02

    Cool man, keep up the good work

  3. #3td25c2009-07-06 20:43

    CAT D9H,The b model mack wreckers look great! I am impressed with the detail of the models.If I did not know they were models in the pictures I would swear I was looking at a full size wrecker.They look like they have the 850 holmes bed due to the rigging on the booms.It's a good idea to keep two wreckers in case you get a call for a hard recovery.Great job building those trucks and thanks for the pictures.

  4. #4CAT D9H2009-07-06 22:09

    Thanks , no problem for the pics , yeah I have set them up to do a good recovery on another model truck , that looked pretty real but I never got any pics of that