Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mack M-100 SX

Hank R ยท 2022-03-23 22:50
Replies5
  1. #1mowingman2022-03-24 09:31

    I wonder why Mack got out of the offroad truck business. I ran a small rock quarry back in 1980, and we had a little Mack haul truck we used as a backup. It was about a 25 ton truck I would guess. That old Mack was a tough little rig. I don't ever remember it being down for anything, and it got used quite a bit, even though it was a back up unit. It had a Mack engine in it, but I don't know what model or size the engine was. A couple of the drivers liked it better than our R22 and R25 Euclids. Said it was a lot quieter. Jeff

  2. #2DDoug2022-03-24 12:04

    I'm thinking getting over 100 tons needs a major change in drivetrain, possibly changing to electric if you didn't make your own axles. BTW where did Mack make these ? In the Pa plant ?

  3. #3kshansen2022-03-24 15:19

    The company I worked for had many of the off-road Macks. Had M-15, M-30, M-35, M-50, and M-65. Might be a couple other in there that I forget. The M-15 had, I seem to recall, V-8 Mack engines. The others had either Detroit or Cummins engines. Overall not bad machines but I think the Euclid or Cat haul trucks were better in some ways. Not sure about how they would compare to each other in regards purchase price or operating costs. Attached is the last one that we had at the plant where I worked: Believe that one went to auction around 2002. That is my Ford Ranger sitting behind it!

  4. #4Hank R2022-04-11 16:18

    My friend in Ontario sent to me a few years ago.

  5. #5kshansen2022-04-12 10:33

    Dang I don't think that truck looked that good when it left the factory!