Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mack midline ms200 rear end

Poolguy · 2024-07-01 11:52

Hi, I’m new here and I have a 2000 MS 200 P Dump Truck. I got a great deal on it, it runs great, and serves my purpose very well. I recently had a driver run over a large concrete block taking out both tubes at least one of the hubs and bracket for for the Sam tube that was attached/welded to the spring perch on the axle. My question is does anybody know who manufactured the rear end for these trucks or which rear end is in them and are the rear ends all the same between the 200, 250, 300 series or between the MS and CS models any help would be greatly appreciated or a direction to go to try and find the parts or a used rear end to get parts from I’m hoping to get this resolved quickly as I am basically shut down without the truck I tried searching the numbers on the tag from their end, but couldn’t come up with anything. I’ll try to attach a photo of the tag.

Replies5
  1. #1mowingman2024-07-01 11:59

    I have heard that a place called anythingtruck.com, is a good place to find Mack parts. Don't know anything about them though.

  2. #2Poolguy2024-07-01 12:39

    Thank you mowingman! I’ll give it a try

  3. #3eastroad2024-07-01 19:39

    Those Renault trucks weren’t widely popular, and mostly a city unit, but you might get some good help from your Mack dealer, especially if they were around when those trucks were current. Have the serial number in hand when you call them. what is a “Sam tube” ? Where are you located ?

  4. #4_Weldman_2024-07-01 20:02

    Vanderhaags

  5. #5Poolguy2024-07-02 14:35

    It should have said S cam tube. I’m in South Carolina and yes, parts are hard to find. As you may know, Mac is very protective of their parts info and the dealer here is particularly so. The guy in the parts counter does much want to even talk about a truck in that line unless you have the part number for him. I got it a few years ago for under 5G’s with 140k. miles. It could use more power of course but it runs like a top and gives me zero problems. Being a cab over with a 20’dump bed, it’s ideal for getting large amounts of dirt out of small back yarda. Vanderhaags has one from a CS 200. I’m trying to confirm its the same rear but theirs has no tag.