A few years ago a company from the south thought they knew how to haul on a ice road but they found out different. A brand new rig total loss. Sorry about the picture quality.
a couple more. 3 more pics.
that rig dont look too new to me. its got old style wheels and the cab looks dated.
Bummer , the ice looked two feet thick. Good pics
My mistake, I should of said quite a few years ago as I was there and it was said it was brand new as there was about 4 new Macks on the job. Most of the damage was done to it on the recovery.
Did the driver survive Bushcat?
Yeah he survived, didn't even get wet.He was able to get out before the tractor went down, just had to change his shorts.
Omg ! what they recover it with dynamite I guess it cant be easy doing recovering in those conditions but there is a diver in the water so I assume ( never assume :Banghead ) he went down to fix some form of rope / cable. Did he tie it to the steering wheel
I don't think the recovery team was very experienced in this type of recoveries probably usedto recovering cars etc. They tried to put air bags under the whole unit and float it to surface, that didn't work so they cut the fifth wheel off and recovered them seperately by dragging them to surface. I think it was about 4 days of ****ing around!
Now that’s funny right there. I have to agree, it looks like they might have tried to blow it out of the water.
excellent pictures, thansk for sharing. thansk KoO Published Author