Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mack Midliner Service Truck

calhoonie ยท 2008-04-09 20:50

Hi everybody. I was looking around on truckpaper.com and I found a single axle 1995 Mack Midliner CS200P Service truck. It has a Renault Turbo Diesel and a 6spd. manual. I am just wondering if this is a good model truck/engine/transmission for its use as a mechanics truck. Thanks you, Calhoonie

Replies5
  1. #1Colin Doy2008-04-10 10:30

    Hi Calhoonie, I'm not a great lover of European built Renault engines, they are short on longevity. If it's going to be a mechanics truck though mileage should stay low and hopefully you shouldn't get any problems. If you buy it change the turbo straight away and then every 80,000 miles. I don't know of any transmission issues in Renaults. This is just my opinion though. :my2c

  2. #2alan627b2008-04-10 13:11

    Here's what you need! As seen at Conexpo....

  3. #3alan627b2008-04-10 13:14

    Or maybe these...Sterling is using Dodge for some of it's trucks now....

  4. #4Colin Doy2008-04-10 14:03

    Real nice though a Mack Midliner of 95 vintage would probably cost less!!

  5. #5dirt digger2008-04-10 19:10

    wow that stirling is sharp looking...awesome color, and those tires look much better then the stock ones on our 550 service truck