Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mack with a DD

doublewide · 2019-09-01 19:21

Saw this last night on CL. Not my truck. https://providence.craigslist.org/hvo/d/ashaway-1981-mack-ramp-truck/6951681611.html

Replies8
  1. #1RZucker2019-09-01 19:43

    6V-92 would make a fine rollback rig. Truck looks pretty clean too.

  2. #2doublewide2019-09-01 19:45

    Yup. The guy says it in the ad.. "Work Horse"

  3. #3td25c2019-09-01 22:23

    Great combination with the 6-V92 in the Mack . Those Mack's got a funky stench about them to begin with … The Detroit Diesel will help tone it down . I like to keep them stinky Dog's " downwind " behind me when possible . LMAO !

  4. #4Shimmy12019-09-02 10:24

    Almost has to be a repower?

  5. #5doublewide2019-09-02 11:54

    That's what I would think...

  6. #6RZucker2019-09-02 12:44

    I don't think it's much of stretch to say that may have been an optional engine in the day. Local county road district had a bunch of 600's with 3208 Cats and Allison 653's in the 80's, little 5 yard dumps.

  7. #7Truck Shop2019-09-02 13:22

    1974 RS600L with factory Detriot.

  8. #8Truck Shop2019-09-02 17:44

    V12 anyone?----I knew of a 79 Superliner Mack that made it's home in Indio Ca. that sported a multi turbo-ed 12V71 built by a marine shop. Anyone who ran I-5 in the early 80's that was passed on the Vine by that black painted Mack that thought they had a real runner with their 3408 or KTA 600 was put to shame by that 12V71. He passed me climbing the grade going south from Biggs Junction on HYW 97. I didn't even exist.