http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...ing-bush-gardener-brought-CRANE-mow-lawn.html what an idiot, luckily he only hurt himself, specially considering he would be blasting out stuff everywhere.
:badidea:crazy:OMG:wierd ops well I guess he lived to think up another stupid stunt
Remember it was the Kiwis who came up with bungee jumping, maybe next time he'll use a bungee cord to make moving the hedge more interesting.
Well i admit at first i laughed then i realized what he was actually doing then it wasn't so funny. Hes operating a riding mower without a beer in hand. and that my friends is just sad
rider i dont think my mower will run without a beer in hand. 30 degree slopes need all the help they can get
There one on Utube with a zturn mower mowing over a pond with a crane. Sorry dont know how to show the link.
This is definitely a case of more money than brains.
this is how i mow my lawn...glad i don't have any hedges!
Here is the zts mower and truck crane mentioned earlier. They about drown mower a couple times. YouTube - Pond Maintenance
:Banghead All the OSHA classes and safety meetings I go to and you see stuff like that....sad part is those guys are the ones who get away unharmed!:beatsme
Somebody up stairs feel's sorry for those who found a loop-hole in the gene pool.. thats why
That crane and mower kinda reminded me of the crane operator they hired to help out on one job... so i could dig a basement... Except it was a concrete bucket.... he only lasted one swing.... one reason there was no one left on the walls ... they all ran for cover.... second reason the super took him to the front gate.. And I didn't get to finish the basement..... I poured the wall.... I guess i should have said crane driver
I doesn't appear that the mower actually cut anything.... and smoked the motor to boot maybe they will try chainsaws hanging from the ball next....
I bookmarked it to show to a friend of mine who cut hedges for a living,usually with a John Deere 3350 and 2050 McConnel hedger.An incident as the result of brain lapse is one thing,to actually plan a stunt like that,makes one wonder how the race evolved.There is a television show "1000-ways to die" that has more than its share of similar stunts or complete brain freezes that resulted in death. Can't figure!
I could do mower... ...with a chain-saw....git'er done!
Backyard me thinks the avatar may be a bit risky, me thinks so me thinks.
Shusssssssssh, its all under control, I am keeping a close eye on it, you concentrate on the Welcome thread with Atco & OCR
:waving
:naughty:waving
There are big mowers that hang from helicopters. I don't see anyone making any complaints about that. A heli with a big mower chopping trees to death has to be more dangerous than a mower hanging from a truck crane. As for the hedge trimmer, the article plainly says it was a stunt. BTW the O in OSHA is for occupation. If it isn't your occupation and you are not being paid then OSHA doesn't have jurisdiction.
Original post edited Stunt or not is stupid and dangerous and gives those who have to work in these sort of industries a bad name.
Take off the drivers seat, put a cage around the crane operator and you have the next great product for mowing hard to reach hillsides. If you can suspend a mower from a helicopter or from the end of an excavator, why not a crane? You ought to do a little more research before making any accusations as to my knowledge level.
Rick, I think that's quite enough. Move on
slope mover radio controlled Saw one of these working on a motor way embankment last autumn Class bit of kit and safer than a mower suspended from a crane. According to the manufacturer they can handle slopes upto 70 deg. :avid:avid:avid:avid:avid:avid:avid
Stock I like that one. Shame it is probably way too expensive for me.
OK I'll apologize to Rick for my strongly worded outburst but the fact remains that it is a stupid and unnecessary thing to do. It makes 'professional' crane operators look like they are willing to do dangerous things and if something did go wrong OHSA would be the ones to investigate because any accident involving cranes is investigated by them. Whether the accident occurred at a work site or in someones private yard does not matter. Further this forum supports safe work practices and I do not think this 'stunt' comes anywhere near safe. I posted the link as an example of the stupidity that some people are willing to go to in order to have their 5 minutes of fame, the fact that the fool admitted to it being a stunt makes it even worse, insofar that it was not a necessary operation where only this method could get the job done. Comparing this to professional heli loggers is an insult to the brave people who do this type of thing to feed their families.
they would be better of with a case of beer and a case of bird shot, drink beer and shoot weeds , the lawn mower on a bike is pretty slick though if i would have known about that when i was 8 i could have picked up a couple more yards around my neighborhood
Man the things I would do if I owned a crane.
And in so doing took his 5 minutes worldwide
Yeah I think the cat was out of the bag before I came along, then again perhaps HEF has a bigger reading audience than the daily mail, spose if it was the sun it would require a scantily clad lady on top of the lawn mover to make the rag.
Lawnmower stunt Well, stunting or not, it's probably not something any safety minded crane operator would want to be involved with. What are the chances that the electrical wires have been disconnected?
Thats what I was thinking