Were setting up a Madill 009 for digging Gravel . We have seen multiple ways of setting up the sky line. We would like some one with more knowledge to help us with which way is the most effective. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I should of read this sooner, in the Supply Post paper here in B.C. the is a company Just west of Hope that is doing what you want to do drove by there on Tuesday. They advertisement shows a drag line bucket pulling gravel. Wednesday wife through out all old papers, will see if a friend has one.
There is a set up like this on Hwy 12, near Elma WA. I think it is a 071, but it has been in use for years. There's another near Centrailia WA. Off I-5, North of town, west side of I-5. I think if you snoop around with google earth you can locate themand go from there. Good Luck.
Give me some pictures of what you're trying to do and what you're working with. We always ran highlead on our yarders, mainline terminating on the front bucket tackle, hallback tethered to the back bucket tackle with a rider block.
I do not know if this will help you.
Interesting enough, they have also been selling 071's for use in a highlead setup the last few years...