Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Madill 172

MADILLEQUIPMENT ยท 2015-08-28 17:07

First Nicholson built Madill 172 delivered to WA and pulling its first wood - August 1015

Replies9
  1. #1lantraxco2015-08-28 22:00

    Beautiful! Of course if it was really August of 1015 she would be struggling with single stick turns, and all the boys would be wearing breechcloths?

  2. #2kiwi450x2015-08-29 03:42

    Very tasty.

  3. #3Hallback2015-09-01 22:54

    Jason Hadaller's machine.

  4. #4old-iron-habit2015-09-01 23:06

    Funny, I did not notice the 1,000 year gap. Wonder what the wood really would look like?

  5. #5lantraxco2015-09-01 23:48

    Six foot at the butt, 150 feet tall, far apart, and maybe fire blackened bark... God to see a virgin spruce forest, eh?

  6. #6John C.2015-09-02 21:28

    I think that machine might have been a little small for that old of wood. Can't see it even budging a wet old spruce. But then again not many humans of this vintage would even try to wrap a choker around it.

  7. #7Hallback2015-09-03 16:54

    That Yarder is geared for 35 year old tree farm jackfir.

  8. #8MADILLEQUIPMENT2015-11-10 16:34

    Nicholson built Madill 172 #3 well underway

  9. #9Welder Dave2015-11-10 20:38

    I went to visit my sister in Sydney last Christmas and we drove by the shop several times. Looking at the pictures inside I don't think I've ever seen a cleaner or more organized shop. It's like an operating room!