Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Magnum light tower

Jason K ยท 2026-02-02 22:36

I have a magnum light tower with a 6k marathon pancake generator. Voltage is 5.4 on 120 side and 10.8 on 240 side. Any help would be helpful.

Replies4
  1. #1MarshallPowerGen2026-02-02 23:32

    Cap regulated so test your capacitor (mounted under the cover on top of the gen end). You don't have a VR and you're only seeing excitation voltage.

  2. #2Jason K2026-02-06 07:20

    I did and it is good

  3. #3MarshallPowerGen2026-02-06 11:51

    Checked uF, correct? What model is this, and does it have outputs L1-L2, or T1-T4? Are you checking your voltage at the outlets or at the generator side of the CB?

  4. #4Jason K2026-02-09 07:22

    I had a company check out the generator and they said it was gone. I bought another generator and put it inside I'm getting good voltage now. I was wondering why when I turn the lights on the voltage comes up and then slowly starts dropping back down to normal