Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Make way for the Irish!!!

Neil D ยท 2007-04-10 12:08

Hi guys, I'm a 48 year old small contractor (machine operator stroke estimator stroke engineer etc) from N Ireland. I am in partnership with another guy and we have two Liebherr excavators, Fiatallis FD175 dozer,two tractor/dump trailer outfits, 627 and 621 scrapers and an old D8 14A. Some of you will know me from the DHS website and the ACMOC forum, in one way or another I have been involved with farm tractors and the heavy metal all my life. This is an amazing site,anybody is welcome to contact me especially from Ireland and the UK. A special message to Nick Drew-saw your intro,glad you came through the losing the business bit ok, we have been there a few times tho so far have managed to avoid falling off the edge-there are some bad ba--ards out there waiting to trip you up. Neil

Replies9
  1. #1d4c24a2007-04-10 12:16

    Tc hello neil good to see you here all we need now is TC hope things are going ok for you ,no word from my man about the ford yet ,i spent all easter weekend decorating the living room:Banghead cheers graham

  2. #2equipment fan2007-04-10 12:19

    Hello Neil,welcome to the HEF:notworthy .

  3. #3Neil D2007-04-10 12:45

    Not you as well,Graham!!!!! I reckon a mention on the acmoc board for this forum might be a good idea. I'm at home,the bride's not feeling too good,we start back next monday what about you? Neil

  4. #4d4c24a2007-04-10 13:46

    illness hi neil i hope its not serious of contagious we went back today i can have a rest from all that painting,i did suggest masking the front door and windows up and getting the spray gun out:notworthy but i cant print the reply i have my scraper to paint and the miles trailed mole plough ,and find some tyres for it ,two lorrys to cut up for scrap,lots of other little jobs to do aswell and to top it off work has asked if we can do a four weekends aswell as mon to fri back to back think of the money is what i tell myself and i.ve a little tip to do with the D4 ,so i asked my dad if he wants a few hours work a week for a few beers:drinkup

  5. #5RonG2007-04-10 14:13

    Glad to see you ACMOC guys here,make yourself right at home and yes,Get TC onboard and we will be complete. Ron G

  6. #6atgreene2007-04-10 14:58

    Welcome to HEF!

  7. #7Nick Drew2007-04-10 16:12

    Hi Neil, Nice to see you have joined the HEF as you say it is a great site. Thanks for the comment about my business going down the pan,:Banghead it was a tough time but it hasn't put me off altogether as I am currently pricing up a Takeuchi TB1140 to have another go...I must be mad:beatsme You have probably seen me on the ACMOC forum also where I am "Iceman" I am also a moderator of the Hymac section on the Swedish machine site www.gremminger.se/service/forum sure would be good if you could join that one too, Anton & Holger the site owners are working hard to put in more English translation, I had a letter published about there site in Classic Plant & Machinery magazine recently. Look forward to your input:notworthy Nick:thumbsup

  8. #8Neil D2007-04-11 15:04

    Hymac Nick, Good luck with the new business-you have to think positive because I have worked for people who I was told would not pay their maker but paid up on the spot before the machine even smelt the lowloader! I have also done a few jobs where the punter was well recommended but I am still waiting for the money. I will take a look at the Hymac site-owned a 121B and several 141C's,unreliable heaps of scrap that had absolutely no feel to the hydraulics yet I still have a regard for LOL. Neil

  9. #9nedly052007-04-12 05:26

    Wecome :drinkup