Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Making crushed stone

xcavate ยท 2011-10-03 19:43

I am experimenting with a jaw crusher and screener setup. Right now I have my jaw closed down to 4" and a read screen all with 1" screens and I am making a nice gravel product with lots of oversize rip rap. I want to get a 3 deck screen and make crusher run and 3/4" or 1.5" crushed stone. What size screens would you recommend?

Replies6
  1. #1ben46a2011-10-16 16:51

    We run 7/8 screen for 3/4" minus to meet the local govt specs. If you were to run a 1.75 screen on the upper deck it would give you some good stone for drainage. What size is the jaw? We have a read screen with a scalper and conveyor for an extra deck, it works decent.

  2. #2grandpa2011-10-16 18:29

    This might be a little off topic, but what is going on? In Minnesota the Dot spec for 3/4 inch minus material state's that 100% must pass the 3/4 inch seive. Are the rest of you guys cheating or is Minnesota cheating us? Gramps http://www.dot.state.mn.us/pre-letting/spec/2005/3101-3491.pdf

  3. #3willie592011-10-16 18:38

    Good gawd gramps, I'm gonna done be in a retirement home by the time I get done readin that there specification Bible. :tong

  4. #4dirty4fun2011-10-16 20:02

    Gramps started reading it when in high school, in the twentys, and just finished it last week. So enjoy the reading, Willie.

  5. #5grandpa2011-10-16 22:00

    Lmao..... I can't read....why do you think I keep gramma around.

  6. #6dirty4fun2011-10-17 05:45

    Gramps, always good to have someone help ya out. Glad she has job security, that way.