Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Making my move

ohfd281 · 2008-04-04 17:42

Well everyone wish me luck... I'm heading off to West Virginia to take the 40 hour surface mining class this week. I'm excite to finally make the career change, after I’ve tried most everything I’ve wanted to work at. Dads not to excited, but in some other ways he is. I guess I’ll be carrying on the family tradition by becoming a 3rd gen. coal miner. But anyway wish me luck I have a long road ahead of me!!!! :drinkup Also if anyone has any advice lets hear it, and suggestions would be great.

Replies3
  1. #1Buckethead2008-04-04 18:11

    Good for you! Good luck.:drinkup

  2. #2union4life2008-04-04 22:58

    good luck stay safe..... can I get a discount on barbaque coal ? and some dry rub for my ribs... lol,,lol,,

  3. #3ohfd2812008-04-16 23:25

    well i made it, i'm now hold the title "Surface Apprentice". Now the fun part starts i've got to find a company who is willing go give a "Redhat" a chance to prove themself in the coal mines. So if anyone out there could come up with some companies and phone numbers that i could call that would be great. So far all the information on the companies has been hard to find. Lol i love a challenge.