7:30 am Thursday morning my day didn't start out so well. The transmission on the lowboy truck to a crap when I was moving the last machine onto the job site. I managed to get there at 25 mph, so with that weighing on my mind I wanted to get started making money rather than spending it. 11:45am After doing some exploratory digging with the excavator we had a plan of attack, so I decided to back fill the trenches before we went to lunch because it was starting to rain and didn't want the trenches to fill with water. 12:00 Enjoying lunch at the local greasy spoon 1:00pm Show up to the job site to find this. Its unknown what happened to cause this. The machine was only operated approx. 5 mins that morning so your guess is as good as mine. Altorfer Cat gave an est. of $140,000 to fix it, but as of this point the insurance company hasn't decided what they are going to do. Remember to pay them premiums no matter how much it hurts! http://www.galesburg.com/news/x325176137
Ouch! Was the night switch left on?
Sorry to hear that dirtdog - It seems its always one thing after another in this business. Keep your head up and give it hell tommorow. Glad you had insurance.
That sucks about the dozer. Your website is great! did you make it your self?
Nedly05, ya I found a site that is super easy to use, 30 day free trial, and cost very little so I thought I would give it a shot. Some people have told me the background made it hard to read, did you have a problem? Going out this morning to push it onto the lowboy to get it to the dealer for a closer look.
Good luck with that...are you going to fix it or buy a new one?
I would get the insurance money and invest in a new D6T!
Yeah that has to really suck! Good luck with your insurance co.
they say things happen for a reason, hopefully somewhere down the line some good luck will come back to you, hopefully, i was wondering the same as rop was the master on?
If its not written off, id do my damndest to continue the damage, a burnt machine is no good.
X2 or at least one that new one of the old 9Hs I ran caught fire monthly.