Hey guys, not sure if this question belongs to this area. Anyway, what do you do when you have a broken hour meter and have to put a new one. Im really demanding on how I manage maintenance, and very specific about hour intervals. When you put a new hour meter you have to start adding hours to the previous one to get total hours on the machine. People at the office can do this, but on job site you cannot know if machine is near 250, 500, 2000 hours etc. Is there a way to modify hours on the new hour meter so you can see the actual amount on it? Or do you all use the adding method, or have any other way to control your maintenances with 2nd hour meters on machines? Thanks
I'm not very hi tech, I keep a notebook with: date, hours and service for each machine so if an hour meter quits I make an entry with date , 00000 , new meter and go from there. If I need to go back into the old hour meter readings they are there. Works for me
I'm not real high tech either, Pete. I paint the old reading on the dash.
We generally affix a tag next to the new meter with the old reading on it.
yep, the replacement hour meters have a sticker that you scribe and stick to the new hour meter lens. We also mark the filters what service they were changed at, the hours and the date. Anyone can see what service was done and figure out what needs done and when.
We use a paint marker and write the original hours somewhere near the meter.
I have seen guys hook the hour meter up to a battery and let it run until it is at the correct hour. This only works on a low houred machine though.
I guess a tag next to new hour meter is the choice I'm going to take. Thanks a lot and Happy Thanks Giving Day for you guys at the States.
I believe my hour meter is spinning faster than it should on my 580L. Any ideas?