Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Manitowoc 16000 “Lampson”

Local_139 ยท 2009-10-03 14:39

I was an oiler on her for a few weeks and had enough of the pompus operator so I moved over to a JCB tele-handler forklift with more OT.......Enjoy guys This Wind Farm was in Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin at the Blue Sky Greenfield site. 88 total I have plenty more pics if you want some more.:usa

Replies14
  1. #1Local_1392009-10-03 21:14

    More pics...

  2. #2Cat 328d lcr2009-10-03 22:03

    Nice looking crane!

  3. #3Lugghead2009-10-04 15:41

    That's GOTTA be from last winter........You guys don't have that much snow ALREADY?????????? if it walks like a crane operator and talks like a crane operator..........chances are, no matter what you think.......'THEY'RE RIGHT!!' oHH YEAH.......I'm one of the 'they' LOL

  4. #4AndyGrevis2009-10-05 06:33

    awsome pics! whats the function for two keys?

  5. #5Midwestern4x42009-10-07 06:14

    Very Nice Rig. I put one together last Oct. They are nice. I think I like the lampson paint scheme better than the Red though. It looks Sharp.

  6. #6liebherr11602009-10-07 18:37

    Was he pompus or just a case of "big crane syndrome".. Get shots brother ..you gotta grab the lever's on one of those .. ..

  7. #7trukfan2009-10-07 22:01

    Nice pics. I had to drive up that way last summer to Appleton to pick up a bunch of grain bin parts for work, and that was the first time I saw all those windmills up that way. I knew they were up there, just not that many. Definately a sight to see. And to answer Lugghead's question, no we don't have any snow on the ground, yet. Chance of flurries Sun. night into Mon. morning.

  8. #8BigIron252009-10-11 22:42

    Love the pics of the 16000! especially of the controls in the cab. I didnt know TWH made a Lampson version of the 18000 model. I have the ALL crane version. pretty good detail in the model!

  9. #9hoosier2009-10-19 21:12

    Nice looking rig,great pics.

  10. #101923mack2009-10-20 11:22

    A hydraulic Lampson, a sight I thought I would never see!

  11. #11DigDug2009-10-20 19:20

    I see it has a anomometer(sp?) on the tip of boom. This must be for calculating wind speeds? Do all new cranes have these?

  12. #12Midwestern4x42009-10-23 09:41

    Quiet a few do. Esp cranes outfitted to run a luffer. Manitowoc uses them commonly on their larger rigs.

  13. #13Lugghead2009-10-23 10:35

    that's just so the operator knows when to shut the rig down and aggravate every other trade on the job........LOL

  14. #14JDMGrading2009-10-23 10:57

    ^agreed.