Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

manitowoc 18000

Cat 328d lcr ยท 2009-09-27 16:56

Heres Lomma's Manitowoc 18000 at the freedom tower

Replies18
  1. #1qball2009-09-27 19:27

    now that is a bad mofo! great pics

  2. #2liebherr11602009-09-28 18:50

    Yes they are ...they started bikkering at that other place over them ... I really want to see how that tip gets put on ...

  3. #3stock2009-09-29 01:08

    What tonnage of ballast is she running?? and what other place?,anybody who bickers over pictures like that don't deserve them ,bet the folks here appreciate them though..

  4. #4liebherr11602009-09-29 18:25

    looks like 210 Ton on the upper .. Now i cant see between the tracks, but, if shes sporting carbody counter weight she has an additional 160 Ton in there leaving out the boom ..the carbody ,tracks , upper works, theres approx another 196 ton of machinery there .. might need more than one pallet jack to move that around

  5. #5Lugghead2009-10-02 22:04

    now that's what I call a crane mat.........

  6. #6Cat 328d lcr2009-10-03 21:59

    Thanks guys.... here are some more- caught this beast booming up

  7. #7BigIron252009-10-14 14:53

    Wow thats crazy! Its funny to see such a monster in downtown New York City. Its right at home among the sky scrapers! Its not every day you can see an 18000 in action. great pics!

  8. #895zIV2009-10-14 18:03

    I think when they put a tip on like that they just slide it to where it needs to be to connect the two bottom pins. Then pick the boom up until the tip can be swung and the top pins can be connected.

  9. #9liebherr11602009-10-15 20:32

    Thats what i thought ..but dont forget the pendants ..then the load line ...would have been a cool procedure to see first hand

  10. #1095zIV2009-10-15 22:15

    Pendants wouldn't be hard, once the tip is connected since the jib will boom down separately from the main then you just run it down until you can connect the pendants. The load line is the simplest of them all, I'd just run out enough to get to at least the tip of the main then either keep going so when you lift it you have enough you can reach from the ground, or put a tag line on it so when it's lifted you can just pull it through until you can reach the tip of the jib then rig your lifting devices.

  11. #11Cat 328d lcr2009-10-31 12:50

    heres a video of her YouTube - Manitowoc 18000 Swinging Steel

  12. #123D_CG_MODELER2010-04-22 04:14

    would be great to get some close ups of some of the crane components.. Awesome looking pictures and videos Thanks for sharing

  13. #13cranedude072010-04-23 22:57

    great pics sal, my all time favorite crane

  14. #14uretimpark2010-04-26 04:28

    thanks all

  15. #15JDMGrading2010-04-26 08:19

    I cant even imagine the mental stress on that operator....maybe he doesnt have any at all? I dont think I could handle it.

  16. #1695zIV2010-04-26 08:42

    Being on a crane was some of the least stressful times I had, I did 90% of my own rigging and I worked with the same people all the time and having someone in the air who knows what they're doing is nothing short of awesome.

  17. #173D_CG_MODELER2010-05-12 02:50

    wish i could see some close ups of the luffing jib, and other parts of the crane...

  18. #18uretimpark2010-07-02 02:24

    it is wonderful, i am searching the axle of rough terrain crane, front axle has 11 tons and rear axle has 15 tons, who can help me...? thanks [email protected]