Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

manitowoc 6400 picture search ?

slagpot ยท 2010-02-08 18:22

Beside Miningpower {Justin},who has photos of the ever so elusive manitowoc 6400 dragline ? It boggles my mind the shear size of this machine. I can only hope to see this machine someday in person. After a two day search of the net,have came up dry again. Really don't want small pictures,large photos would be great if you have them in your collection. Thank you for any and all help. Slagpot

Replies9
  1. #1godfather2010-02-21 17:14

    Check out a broker in Jupiter FL, Howard Howell. He's got one forsale and probably has pics.

  2. #2Miningpower2010-02-21 18:38

    I have a bunch of pics of the big 6400's. Very impressive machines to see, also slow as snails when they walk! If you want me to post a few, just ask! I don't have "large pics", all mine are 640x480.

  3. #3slagpot2010-02-22 10:58

    Justin, Please and thank you. Ever since I saw your video,I just can't get enough of this dragline.Not to mention the HD-41,speaking of which. Do you have any still photo's of the 41 to share also ? Patrick

  4. #4Miningpower2010-02-22 14:31

    Ask and receive! Speaking of 6400's, I need to get a new video of one working. The best one I have (in my opinion) is the one where it's digging coal. As I stated before, the 6400 is a very impressive machine in all aspects. The machine is both diesel and electric powered. Main power is supplied by a Cummins KTA3067C, V16, rated at 1600hp with a smaller Cummins in the lower works. The beast weights 1,107,000lbs! The two pictured here both have 180ft booms with 12yd buckets. I don't have many pics of the FD50, just the vids.

  5. #5slagpot2010-02-23 09:39

    Justin, Amazing photos ,simply amazing indeed. The only crane I have ever operated was a P&H 250 ton overhead girder crane at Alcan Oswego works. Far different from this Manitowoc 6400. Then again another overhead crane made by Morgan, a stiff leg crane.Used to grab hot alumiunm ingots from the soaking pits at Alcan Oswego ,NY works. Played around with a rubber tired P&H omega crane. I wonder just how much differents there is between the two. Beside the Manitowoc moving at a snails pace and being a heck of a lot larger than the P&H omega.Not to mention the controls have much more stuff in the cab of the manitowoc. Justin,thank you for taking the time to post these photos. Slagpot

  6. #6Miningpower2010-02-23 12:26

    No probs! The 6400 is the same setup as a 4600. They were built, like the 4600, mainly for dragline use. Only thirteen 6400's were ever built, 3 of which (that I know of) are working in Pennsylvania.

  7. #7BigIron252010-03-03 15:54

    Awesome pics. i have never seen a 6400 before. I love anything manitowoc

  8. #8cranedude072010-03-05 19:18

    great photos, thanks for sharing

  9. #9Miningpower2010-03-05 19:56

    Thanks guys!