Do I figure the weight of the jib when picking from the jib?:Banghead
:Bangheadno
As I understand yes , Hopefully the machine has it's charts with the crane as the charts are machine specific .
Yes, you would add the following: Weight of Jib Weight of Ball Weight of Block Weight of hoist line (probably negligible, but we add it on critical lifts) Hope that helps!
You do not deduct weight of jib when picking from jib. That page above refers to the main boom with deductions for the jib beyond the point of the main boom. The chart and deductions for the jib are called Liftcrane Jib Capacities. Wire rope and excess reeving are also important deductions. The 888 is one of the rigs they test for your CCO. Pretty straight forward.
Hookman is right on that. Was having a brain fart/fade. You work in the field day after day calculating loads and no issues. Sit down with a book full of load chart calculations and I'm lost. First three or four I forgot to deduct the load line being used and to round up or down. Finally got my head around things and sailed through them. Going to do the computer based testing in the morning for the LBC. Can't put it off any longer, not having the cert will start costing me $$.
:cool2 97% On the LBC. specialty.
Nice job catkicker! Thanks for the clarification No1Hookman, that makes sense. Learned something new.