Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Manual for 1961 Lorain Crane Thew Shovel

HelpAGalOut ยท 2026-06-29 15:13

Anyone have any guidance on tracking down the original or the most appropriate operator's manual for a 1961 25 ton Lorain Crane Threw Shovel mounted on a coast crane carrier truck? I am trying to track this down for my internet-illiterate dad but I am not super well informed on heavy machinery so hoping you all could offer some suggestions. Pics included. Thank you! Machine Repair Guides

Replies11
  1. #1Deere500a2026-06-29 18:07

    Welcome somebody will be a long that can help better. Do you know the crane model 25A or? eBay has a lot old manuals. No experience with eBay seller just a idea. Good luck

  2. #2Mr. Wrench2026-06-29 18:10

    Neat looking old crane. Hope you can get it going!

  3. #3HelpAGalOut2026-06-29 18:47

    Thanks for your reply! It's unclear to me exactly what model it is as you can see the serial number is not completely legible. I'm THINKING MC-25H but hopefully someone more knowledgeable might have a suggestion.

  4. #4HelpAGalOut2026-06-29 18:50

    Thank you! It's my dad's project and he loves vintage machinery but this one has been challenging. We don't know the exact model and Lorain crane is obsolete. I did email the Terex parts address as I believe Terex absorbed Lorain. Just hoping someone will come along with a wealth of knowledge to share!

  5. #5Deere500a2026-06-29 19:15

    Mc25h looks to be a new era vs 25a so far only finding are old sells ads

  6. #6Deere500a2026-06-29 19:18

    CCC is aftermarket to the crane was sold as a crawler or on a truck

  7. #7HelpAGalOut2026-08-19 18:40

    S

  8. #8HelpAGalOut2026-08-19 18:40

    Had my dad take some more pictures in case that helps!

  9. #9Deere500a2026-08-20 11:33

    eBay has tl20 & tl25 parts book.

  10. #10Deere500a2026-08-20 11:55

    Similar house lines but lift capacity & drag bucket size 25 has a 3/4 yard & tl20 is half yard bucket

  11. #11HelpAGalOut2026-08-20 11:55

    I will go take a look thank you so much for sharing!