Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Manuel parking brake release for Kobelco SK235SRLC

Mike 138 ยท 2022-12-15 15:08

Can I use a manuel hydraulic pump to release the track parking brake. I believe that the brake release preasure comes from the pilot preasure pump. The machine is stuck on a jobsite , the pump drive plate is broken and there is no pump preasure. The bolts that hold the drive are frozen and I don't want to drill them out. Someone was trying to remove them and stripped them. Thank you Mike.

Replies1
  1. #1John C.2022-12-15 16:17

    Travel brakes are almost always release by main pressure going into the ports that turn the motor. It isn't an external supply that can be plumbed into. Usually the final drive cover is removed and the sun gear removed from the planetary drive. The cover reinstalled and the machine moved by something else. Care has to be taken because the machine will free wheel now.