Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Manufacture of mechanics truck crane

Zach3029 ยท 2015-07-29 18:20

I purchased a mechanics truck the other day and it has an 8000lb hydraulic crane on it. I can't find the manufacturer of the crane. The only thing it says on it is a sticker on the side of the boom that says Mark III. Any info on this crane would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Replies20
  1. #1lantraxco2015-07-29 18:39

    Pictures please, when you can. IMT, Autocrane, Stellar, Palfinger, Summit, etc. lots of possibles.

  2. #2Zach30292015-07-29 18:56

    I have contact a lot of the manufactures and so far they have not known who makes it. I will try to post pictures.

  3. #3lantraxco2015-07-29 19:11

    Does the boom have a hydraulic cylinder on it, or does the boom lift with cables? Not the hoist winch, the boom lift.

  4. #4Zach30292015-07-29 19:59

    It lifts with a cylinder and it has a 5' hydraulic boom extend and a 2' manual extend. What is the best way to put pictures on here from my phone?

  5. #5Zach30292015-07-29 20:01

    Also on the gear boxes and the controller it say kinematics usa

  6. #6Zach30292015-07-29 20:17

    Here is a few picture

  7. #7lantraxco2015-07-29 20:19

    They're out of California, but it looks like they just sell the drives..... dunno about the phone issue, I have a dumb phone, only calls and a little text... very little.

  8. #8Wytruckwrench2015-07-29 20:32

    If that's the one you got from the city of Ft.C., see if there is a body builders sticker on it. It should have come from Denver, maybe Kois Brothers?

  9. #9DB22015-07-29 20:33

    Who made the service body?

  10. #10lantraxco2015-07-29 20:37

    Looks familiar but I'm not placing it. Almost looks like an old IMT, but who knows... boom cylinder is on backwards from all the rest, dunno if that's factory or not.

  11. #11Wytruckwrench2015-07-29 20:44

    Looks kinda like an IMT, but the cylinder being upside down is different than I have seen before.

  12. #12FSERVICE2015-07-29 21:27

    it looks like a old Feterl crane & box.. made in south Dakota, they have been bought out I think!! the new name is Teamco. they done some odd stuff on their cranes/beds, but they have lived thru several trucks & some are still going strong!!

  13. #13lantraxco2015-07-29 22:53

    All the different cranes seem to be pretty skookum all around, but I have seen a couple beds that folded up on a heavy lift.

  14. #14Zach30292015-07-29 23:08

    It is the one from city of Fort Collins. Went by there yesterday. The only info they had was it came from back east some where. They had a bunch of service history but nothing on the box or crane.

  15. #15Zach30292015-07-29 23:23

    Talked to imt and feterl. Not an imt. Feterl said it wasn't there box but weren't sure about the crane.

  16. #16Zach30292015-07-29 23:31

    I do think the whole set up looks like a feterl with the space between the crane petastol and box. But feterl said it wasn't thers because they didn't build them with the large spand of metal below the petastol and above the wheels... As far as teamco has told me.

  17. #17FSERVICE2015-07-30 21:25

    what are you needing for it? why do you want to know who makes it? most of the parts can be interchanged somewhat..

  18. #18lantraxco2015-07-30 22:55

    Yeah, it looks like a box top crane adapted to fit that service body.

  19. #19Zach30292015-07-30 23:21

    Well it did have some valve issues when I got it. As of now I have everything working but if I'm going to use this crane I would like more info on it and do the research now so when I do need parts I can get them right away not have to mess around trying to figure what I need

  20. #20Zach30292015-07-30 23:23

    What is a box top crane adapted to fit the service box mean?