Well I had to do it.... Ritchie Brothers Toronto auction. It has almost always been good to great in the past so why would this one be any different? Well frankly... I think it sucked this time. There was some interesting equipment, but most of it wouldn't start, it was cold and equipment was going for some pretty crappy coin. But anyways onto the show. Note picture number 3... who can tell me whats wrong with that Deere backhoe?
Ok... I always seem to find scraper pictures, but here is something I don't find very often... Green Leakers.
Here we go... the 2 most interesting machines they had. Golden dirt Warriors from the past. Like steppin back in time (sans the DeLorean).
Yes I can count... the second one. The 2 9H's went for 10 500 each. Both walked and talked, the second one with the cab even had working heat. The open cab one had working A/C...lol
As for excavators..... here was the best of the selection. A Hitachi 550LC and a Daewoo 300 Long Stick.... neither of them would start I nearly cried. So to ease my pain I went to a local cathouse. I figured I'm in Toronto.... near the airport, why not? We all know those cathouses are a great way to relieve stress and look at more excavators
More pics of the cathouse, Some sexy lookin machines there a 336... 365 ohhh a 385 :drinkup
nice d9h how much did it go for?
Cathouse.... more more more. and a Deere at the cathouse... apparently someone took a step back in quality.
Sorry to hear it wasnt all you hoped it would be. Good prices if your looking to buy Is it a prior to Deere model or original , I've lost track of who makes what for who these days, or is it a side shift which seems rare to your part of the world but normal to us When machines were MACHINES, men were proud and the livestock was nervous Great pics, and thanks for the jog down memory lane
Ok.... anyone that knows me know that I have a special place in my heart for a certain machine in the Cat product line. Anytime I see one whether it be out working, parked, for sale or broke down I am on it like.... like... a fat kid on cake or stink on a boot or even dare I say if this isnt a little too adult for the forums...... Dirtman2007 on a Volvo 210 Excavator. And up later... the National Heavy Equipment Show pictures. Let's call it Con-Expo Jr. for those of us who went last year. Definately not as good. But the after show was AWESOME!
It's a John Deere 310D, it's the series prior to when they just slapped on the Deere sticker. But there is something very odd with that machine. It might be hard to pickup unless you spent a lot of time around the D models.
Good pics there, Burnout. Your a picture?
I'll take that 365 and the 973. What did the 365 go for??
All the shiny equipment is at Toromont Cat in Concord Ontario, all brand new.
Burnout- Sorry i didnt get in touch with you! I have been crazy busy! What did the 550 hitachi and the daewoo long stick go for? I know most of that was Bianchi's old equipment before they went bust, and it was beat . I was also at the heavy equipment show on Friday it wasnt to bad, it was nice to see a shiney new 450d in doors.
I thought that the Deere backhoes still were deere, but that they made some for Bell in exchange for the ADT's... huh... I guess I'm with Rob and just don't know who makes what for who anymore. Is the boom not locked? Hey burnout, ya got any more shots of the Kitty 365cLME?:notworthy
Thats an all Deere 310 there. What I was commenting on was the stick thats on it. There are 2 versions of the D series, old and new. The tractor and loader are the new version and so is the main boom. That stick is off an older 310D. The newer 310D's don't have that little peak at the top of the stick. If you look closely at the stick you will see its got the old John Deere yellow instead of that darker yellow they used for awhile in the 90's. Quote;Burnout- Sorry i didnt get in touch with you! I have been crazy busy! What did the 550 hitachi and the daewoo long stick go for? I know most of that was Bianchi's old equipment before they went bust, and it was beat . I was also at the heavy equipment show on Friday it wasnt to bad, it was nice to see a shiney new 450d in doors Yeah the show was pretty good. I was talkin to Jack Shewan from Nortrax about that 450. I like the Groenveld auto greaser on it, and that ESCO Bucket they had was sexy. I was surprised they didn't have more brand new equipment in there. The 450D, 844, 850J. 872G we all used units, and over in the Cat section the 430, 336 and D6 were all used machines. I think I offended one of the salesman from Wajax on friday. I climbed in the JCB 3CX backhoe and the salesman came over climbed in for a second and first thing out of his mouth was "So how many do you want?". I told him None and thats when he asked me to point out what I didn't like. It took me 5 minutes to go over his product from slow stabilizers to crappy chrome stack. When I was done he walked away, didnt even tell me to enjoy the show.
The 550 went for 62 500 :beatsme and it wasn't too bad of a machine. The daewoo went for 162 500 and was sold online to someone in Michigan. Neither of them would start before running across the block so I did the forbidden thing and after they were sold jumped in em for a second and tried em out before the lackies came around and pulled the keys out of them.
Yea i was talking to the Nortrax guys about that 450, they told me $520,000 and it could be mine. They almost pooped themselves when I told them we got ours with 800 hours , brand new full grapple, and a 4.5 cyd bucket for $210,000. Are you already headed back out west? I will be in Edmonton on the 15 16 17 for the rb auction there, looking to pick up one of the low hour d6n lgp's.
Yeah I will be back in town for the RB auction in Edmonton. I can't miss that auction, they have an 1100, a couple 850's and some other cool crap I can't pass up. I am heading home on the 15th I think. That auction is going to be the best in a long time I think.
I was there as well. Guy I went with was bidding on the 312's but for some reason stoped about 1g short. Some were in decent condition. Some nice equipment, it's deffinatly a buyers market out there right now. Some stuff seemed to really go cheap.