Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

marine engine service and repairs

linebore 141 ยท 2016-05-29 20:32

Hey guys is there a good area for marine diesel. I'm just looking for some additional info on this subject. Thanks for any help you guys can offer

Replies5
  1. #1mitch5042016-05-29 20:49

    Shop talk is good as any, I do some marine stuff, and there are other guys on here who do or have done a good bit. What did you want to know?

  2. #2linebore 1412016-05-29 21:23

    I worked on the river for 5 years in shop and on dry dock. I just opened my own heavy equipment repair service and was looking at branching out to the marine. Will be purchicing Cat ET and SIS and want to start doing some repairs/ diagnosis

  3. #3linebore 1412016-05-31 20:37

    Can anyone give some insite on this topic. Thank you

  4. #4mitch5042016-05-31 20:54

    Most of what I work on is too old for ET. What kind of insight are you looking for? HeavyEquipmentForums

  5. #5Deere Marine2016-06-05 07:49

    I do 80% marine. Do not do much with Cat though not many around here in my part ofMaine. Just 3 C32 1700hp and 6 C18 1000hp. A lot of Deere and Cummins for propulsion. And almost all Deere for Genset mad power units.