Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Massey Ferguson 30 Industrial

Boromir ยท 2012-09-27 00:33

Hi, everybody, I have a problem. We obtained a Massey Ferguson Industrial 30 tractor with loader last year. We didn't pay a whole lot for it, bought it together with another piece of equipment. Before we could actually use it, we found out that the front end support was broken. On this model, the front end support actually forms part of the crankcase wall in front, so oil leaks out, too. We have tried to get parts for it. Massey dealer was no real help. We would like to get the part and replace it so we can get this machine working and either use it or sell it. Where can we find something like this? By the way, the info I have for the tractor is: Industrial 30 ** tractor serial number 9A T7548b Part no for broken piece : 532741 N92

Replies14
  1. #1Boromir2012-09-27 23:02

    Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2chroniekon2012-09-27 23:12

    There is a large wrecking yard for tractors, ag and industrial, here in Albany, Oregon called Farmland Tractor. If they don't have what you're looking for, they may know someone. Worth a try. They can be rather proud of there stuff, and shipping could be an issue. Good Luck

  3. #3alrman2012-09-27 23:17

    Welcome Boromir! Not that we don't want to help, but you have a bit of a rare one there. Any chance of a picture of what you are looking for & the damage? Is it fabricated or cast? May be possible to repair it by welding or stitching .......

  4. #4Boromir2012-09-28 00:11

    I'll try to get pictures tomorrow. The piece is a large cast part, highly proprietary, and, being industrial, was not used on any of their contemporary farm tractors since it was beefed up for heavy loader work. Thanks

  5. #5stumpjumper832012-09-28 06:48

    wengers of myerstown is a large tractor wrecking yard in Pa, they have most things. If they dont, call fp smith in california, they always had anythign wengers didnt have when I worked the parts counter at an ag dealer.

  6. #6Boromir2012-09-29 00:05

    Thanks. I'll check it out.

  7. #7mitch5042012-09-29 01:18

    A couple of sources closer to you: Helms Machinery near Sumter, SC; mostly Ford and New Holland, but some Massey Ferguson. a lot of industrial stuff. Jimmy Helms is a great guy who will help any way he can, and stands behind what he does. 803-428-3460 http://www.helmsequipment.com/ Baker Abilene Machine in Bishopville SC much larger outfit, huge junkyard and new parts, too; easy to deal with. 800-543-2451 http://www.bakerabilenemachine.com/ Good Luck

  8. #8Boromir2012-12-31 08:39

    Just now getting back to this project. We scraped down to where we actually found the casting number, and our previous information was wrong. The actual casting number seems to be 532742N2. However, this seems like it was modified at the factory or parts depot before being put on. The last few digits were ground off and scratched in. I am guessing this part was the same part used on a 165 tractor, and they renumbered it since it was going on a construction tractor. Anyway, I'm about to start calling around again with the new info. There was also another number on the casting, B12DC. Not sure what that means.

  9. #9Delmer2013-01-03 23:14

    I've seen the same thing on MFs. I think it's the same as the farm tractor and not beefed up, that's why they broke. The later ones had a welded steel brace that bolted to the bottom of the bell housing and went to the front end to brace the block and pan. (unless yours has this, then I don't know why it broke)

  10. #10Boromir2013-01-04 09:06

    There is a brace going back to the bell housing. So I'm not sure either, why it broke. Maybe it was just abused to the point that even the brace wasn't enough. I don't know. If I get it fixed, I won't be abusing that way.

  11. #11Boromir2013-01-10 09:52

    Some more checking around reveals that AGCO does not recognize this number as a legitimate parts number. Tentatively, I have been given yet another parts number by a parts provider (Boone Tractor in Virginia). They tell me for a diesel 30 the number SHOULD be 532743M92 . However, without comparing them side by side, we're not sure if the two parts are the same. We are also not sure if the front end support that is currently on there (and broken) originally came with this tractor, or was gotten from somewhere else. Grr. Frustrations abound. If the new number I've been given is right, then it is actually available from AGCO for $2,280. Need a used one-- that's probably right around what the tractor is worth.

  12. #12hookedondiesel2013-02-17 06:18

    Is this what your part looks like.... If so, the part number is 532743M93 ,

  13. #13Boromir2013-02-19 00:27

    Thanks, hookedondiesel, that does look like the right part. But I found out a few things since I last posted. One, the part was not broken in a way that compromised the holding of the tractor's weight (or load). It appears that the casting must have broken from a one-time, unusual event, such as hitting a rock at high speed. Secondly, the oil we saw dripping out was not because of the broken casting, but rather coming from the crankcase breather. We were able to have the casting welded by a highly skilled professional welder, and we put the tractor back together and got it running. We are getting ready to put the loader back on, and then I plan to add some forks and use it as a log loader for my sawmill.

  14. #14hookedondiesel2013-02-19 03:24

    Glad to hear you got er fixed. I'm also surprised AGCO still had the part in stock. Every time I go to my dealer, the part always seems to be "discontinued".