Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

pins/bushing cost?

da'yoop ยท 2012-09-28 09:34

About how much can I expect to pay (not dealer) to get the hoe on my jd410c repinned and bushed? I think the independents around here charge about $75 an hour so how long does it take and what do the parts go for? Any help would be appreciated.

Replies1
  1. #1johnny_waz2012-09-28 12:46

    Go to the john deere parts website and look up your model backhoe. Create a FREE account, pick your nearest dealer, and it will give you ALL the parts prices for your model. The pins are listed for your model cause I just looked. Only problem you may run into on your machine is pins that don't use bushings like the 2 swing frame pins. On my particular Deere they sell oversized pins for it. I don't see any listed for your particular model machine. In that situation your going to have to find pins from another model that are oversized. Or take your hoe to a machine shop, have the holes overbored and bushed back to the standard pin size. I don't know how long that would take in your situation based off the fact we don't know how badly worn your machine is or if those are even the pins you wanna replace. P.S. Just for a timing idea doing it yourself. I had my 2 swing pins out last weekend myself cause they are worn, and I had wanted to see how much. It literally only took me 30 minutes to take them out, inspect, clean, put back, and re-grease. Did it with, 2 wrences, brass punch, and a deadblow hammer.