Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Massey Ferguson 3366

GerryBR ยท 2021-05-18 12:02

Hello everyone. I stayed away for a while until buying a new toy... Does anyone is confident with this dozer? Is it a good tractor? The dozer is disassembled, without engine, but I think it will be easy to put another one in. I'm thinking about a MWM 6 Cil. Please let me know, how to insert photos, so I can show the tractor to you

Replies6
  1. #1Welder Dave2021-05-18 18:41

    Machine is late 60's to early 70's and forerunner to the 300. Might be able to find a Perkins engine to fit. Engine is an A4-300 and used in the Super 90 tractor and some combines. A later AD4-318 may also fit in quite easily and be about the same HP (76 flywheel). Won't be a lot of parts available so don't know if it's worth going to the trouble to get it running. Who knows what else needs fixing. They were a very good machine in their day.

  2. #2GerryBR2021-05-19 07:49

    Hello Welder Dave, thanx for your answer! Actually I live in Brazil and those ** 3366 in Brazil have a Perkins 6 cil as far as I could see. That one I bought (paid 5000 dollar), had also a 6 Cil in it and very easy to find over here. But Brazilians don't like Perkins, they use to put a mwm or mercedes in it. The tractor I bought from a friend, when the engine broke down, he didn't have money to repare it, except the engine, everything was in good shape, transmission, chains, pumps ...I think I won't have to much trouble with that.

  3. #3Tinkerer2021-05-19 07:54

    Your project dozer appears to have the potential to become a really nice machine.

  4. #4Vetech632021-05-19 08:38

    Lets get started right here! Someone cook up some popcorn!

  5. #5Delmer2021-05-19 08:49

    We would normally suggest you RUN from a deal like that. But many of us have also done stuff like that when we had more time than money. I sure hope your friend was right about everything working until the engine failed, because this could turn into a nightmare project real fast. What don't you like about Perkins? if it had a six cylinder Perkins, probably a naturally aspirated 6-354, then that should be a great engine at that HP, and very easy to find here also. You might need a perkins expert to find the engine that will fit, that engine can have different crankshafts, pans, etc. to fit a combine vs a tractor.

  6. #6Welder Dave2021-05-19 11:24

    Yes if a 6-354! Argueably one of the best and most fuel efficient engines ever made. Might be a little too much HP or you could turn it down a little.