Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Massey Ferguson 399 – 4WD Alternator wiring Schematic

Simon C ยท 2025-10-28 22:06

Looking for a schematic on the Alternator circuit of this unit. I clamped the alternator output and zero output of amps. The battery terminal of alternator was recording exact battery voltage of 12.4 volts. Would not ramp up when revved up or anything. Think it is the alternator but want to test wiring when I find out what goes where. It is what I believe is a Mahle Alternator. Also this tractors RPM display has died and I thought it was running off the alternator also. Ser# C0115013B43350 is on the tractors tag. Anyone worked on same model. Thanks Simon C

Replies4
  1. #1Samarskii_ma2025-10-29 04:00

    Schematic for ** 300 series

  2. #2Simon C2025-10-29 09:17

    Thanks so much. Will be looking into the solution I find in the schematic. Simon C

  3. #3Simon C2025-10-29 15:38

    The schematic has been helpful and helped me understand some of the issues going on. The last schematic on the PDF is closest to the machine I am working on but not exact by serial number. They are for North American built versus this one is from the UK. Thanks for your efforts. Simon C

  4. #4Simon C2025-11-09 10:22

    Just wanted to thank you for the schematic again. It helped solidify in my mind that the alternator was junk. Changed out 2 ground cables and bolted in new alternator and it charges 14.4 volts and 15 amps with engine above idle. Guy was very happy, and so was I. Simon C